Aircraft Structures Mechanics
Aircraft Structures MechanicsSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Structures Mechanics in Goldsboro, North Carolina.
Hiring Note: Interim secret clearance is required for this role.
- Assembles, disassembles and/or modifies aircraft structure by changing, removing, replacing or upgrading structural components.
- Overseas assembly, disassembly or overhaul. Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components.
- Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications and inspection results).
- Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements.
- Works under general direction.
Experience & Requirements:
- Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 4 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+2 years’ related work, Bachelor, etc.).
- Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform structural modification/repair.
- Experienced in the use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of structural parts.
- Able to perform close tolerance drilling, reaming, removal, and installation to critical support structures and fracture critical areas.
- Ability and understanding of locating blind holes necessary for installation of new structural items to existing structure.
- Perform efforts associated with sealing, painting, shimming, and preserving structure in accordance with standard repair processes.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.