Aircraft Structures Mechanics
Aircraft Structures MechanicsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Structures Mechanics in Hayden, Idaho.
- Performing MX and inspection in environment on Regional Turbo-Prop aircraft, mostly ATR42/72 and Saab340
Scope of Work:
- Client will be performing PTF (passenger-to-freighter) conversions on ATR 72.
- Repair body or structure of aircraft according to specifications. Reinstall repaired or replacement parts for subsequent riveting or welding, using clamps and wrenches.
- Read work orders, blueprints, and specifications or examine sample or damaged parts of structures to determine repairs or fabrication procedures and sequence of operations.
- Locate and mark dimension and reference lines on defective or replacement parts, using templates, scribes, compass, and steel rule.
- Cure bonded structures, using portable or stationary curing equipment.
- Communicate with other workers to fit and align heavy parts or expedite processing of repair parts.
- Clean, strip, prime, and sand structural surfaces and materials prior to bonding.
- Repair or fabricate defective sections or parts, using metal fabricating machines, saws, brakes, shears, and grinders.
- Remove or cut out defective parts or drill holes to gain access to internal defects or damages, using drill and punch.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- A&P license not required but must have at least 3 years aviation sheet metal experience.
- “A” license is highly preferred, but they’ll take unlicensed with a very strong resume
- ASM will be given a practical before starting work. They will be asked to construct two test plates and an extension, fitted together with various fasteners at prescribed locations based on a drawing. Copy of test in files section.
- Successful completion will be based on overall quality of workmanship and the mechanic indexing before the time deadline (3 hours)
- Must be able to accomplish any and all repairs, modifications, E.A.’s, etc, with very little to no assistance.
- Must be able to use the FAA approved data proficiently (i.e., IPC, M/M, OHM, SRM.)
- Knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A valid clear driver’s license.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.