Aircraft Structures Technicians
Aircraft Structures TechniciansSTS Technincal Services
STS Aviation Services
STS Aviation Services is hiring Aircraft Structures Technicians in Teruel, Spain.
Do you want to join a rapidly growing, professional team in Spain?
We currently have vacancies for contractors to join our team in Teruel, Spain working for STS on a 12-month outer rear spar (ORS) programme.
This is a hugely exciting time to join us, so if you want to join a dynamic and vibrant organisation, where you have the opportunity to make a real difference, we would like to hear from you.
This role requires the successful candidate to:
- Restore or repair defects using unique aircraft fastening hardware, ferrous and non-ferrous materials, composite materials, chemicals, adhesives, paints and textile.
- Manufacture and install aircraft structural components for prototype projects.
- Weld base metals, alloys and casting materials, using oxyacetylene, electrical arc, inert gas and resistance welding techniques and equipment.
- Manufacture original aircraft equipment, components or replacement items from base metals using special cutting tools, engine lathe and milling machines.
- Removal of major aircraft structural sections, whilst stress jacked.
- Carry out work in compliance with company, health and safety and airport procedures and regulations.
- Maintains a FOD free working area and cleans up bay area before and after work.
- Assures that all material, parts, tools, equipment and documentation is prepared at the beginning of the shift.
- Behaves in a manner which reflects a professional approach when dealing with customers.
- Keeps updated on new Technical Notices, Quality Notices issued, general and technical information.
- Become familiar with and follow the procedures stipulated in the Safety & Quality Management Plan (SQMP) and become an active participant in the workplace safety programme.
- Completion of formal aircraft apprenticeship or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within an aircraft maintenance environment.
- Demonstratable experience in aircraft structural repair/modification/production environment.
- Experience of implementing and carrying out aircraft component modifications.
- Experienced and capable of reading manufacturers drawings and SRMs.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and be flexible to meet changing working requirements.
- Must have the right to work in EU.
About STS Aviation Services:
STS Aviation Services operates four state-of-the-art aircraft hangars, two interior modification facilities and more than 40 line maintenance stations both stateside and aboard. These facilities, and the expert personnel that call each home, fuel the company’s drive to seamlessly blend a growing portfolio of MRO services to deliver all-encompassing aircraft maintenance, engineering and modification solutions to the global aviation industry.
To learn more about STS Aviation Services and what makes it the company with “Solutions to Keep You Flying,” please visit www.stsaviationgroup.com or call +44 (0) 7599 654 660.