Aircraft Support Mechanics (PFE Program)
Aircraft Support Mechanics (PFE Program)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Support Mechanics in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Aircraft Support Mechanic (ASM) is a critical TechOps role. In this role, you will serve as part of the crew that helps maintain the proper and safe functioning of our client’s fleet, ensuring customers have an exceptional travel experience. ASMs work independently or as a team to accomplish tasks, and may assist Aircraft Maintenance Technicians (AMTs) in technical or non-technical functions related to aircraft interiors (or other areas as needed). This position is the perfect entry-level mechanic position. You will have many opportunities to work with and learn from experienced AMTs, who are in charge of inspecting, implementing, or overseeing maintenance and alterations of aircraft and aircraft systems. Under their mentorship, you will develop key knowledge and skills that will help prepare you to advance your career.
Summary of Responsibilities (not comprehensive of all tasks):
- Performs all work activities in accordance with established laws, regulations, standards, safety protocols, and procedures to ensure safety of self and others.
- Conducts inspections to locate damage, defects, or wear that may affect safety, reliability, or customer experience, reporting issues as appropriate.?
- Recommends replacement, repair, or modification of aircraft equipment based on inspection.?
- Reports issues, malfunctions, unusual wear, or damage to appropriate personnel, as required.?
- Tests machinery, mechanical equipment, components, and parts for defects to ensure proper functioning.?
- Installs, removes, or modifies aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, schematics, charts, engineering orders, and technical publications.?
- Repairs worn, defective, or damaged parts or components (e.g., seat gears, tray tables, wiring/electrical), using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment.?
- Troubleshoots equipment or systems operation problems.?
- Interprets discrepancies or logs (written or verbal) to understand history and nature of issue, to troubleshoot issue, and to identify required next steps (e.g., fix, defer, replace).?
- Reads and interprets technical manuals and guidelines to perform inspections, installations, repairs, or other work activities.?
- Maintains repair logs, documenting all preventative and corrective aircraft maintenance activities.?
- Interprets and uses specifications, drawings, blueprints diagrams, schematics, or flow charts to determine operational methods or sequences and to complete work activities.?
- Researches manuals, flight logs, or other technical resources to gather information needed to complete work activities.?
- Practices safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
What You Need to Succeed (minimum qualifications):
- Must be COVID-19 vaccinated, have 1st COVID-19 vaccination shot or willing to take COVID-19 vaccination.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Must have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must pass a background check including a government required fingerprint-based criminal history records check.
- Must pass a DOT required pre-employment drug screen and thereafter submit to DOT mandated random drug and alcohol testing.
- Must read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
- (If transferring internally) Must be performing satisfactorily in present position.
What Will Give You a Competitive Edge (preferred qualifications):
- One year of full-time work experience
- Prior military experience
- Formal educational certification or technical training (e.g., A&P school) or apprenticeship
- Prior work experience in the airline industry
- Status as a current employee
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
- One year of mechanical experience (outside of educational experience)
- One year of aircraft maintenance experience (outside of educational experience)
- One year of heavy jet maintenance experience (outside of educational experience)
- Prior electronics/avionics experience or FCC license
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.