Aircraft Surface Prep Technicians (REQ# 33448)
Aircraft Surface Prep Technicians (REQ# 33448)STS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Surface Prep Technicians in Atlanta, Georgia.
Hiring Note: The PFE program is a mentorship program with the opportunity to become a direct employee after 6 months.
- As a Surface Preparation Technician, you will utilize steam, detergents, acids, chemicals, blast media and automated equipment to completely clean and prepare engine, APU, and landing gear parts for NDT inspections and repairs.
- In this role, you will be required to learn all processes and functions within the shop and be willing to help with other functions when necessary.
- Employees may be subject to changing and/or rotating shifts as needed to support the maintenance operation
- This position requires inside as well as outside work depending on the task.
- Must practice safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Read and write English and be able to comprehend and apply information contained in technical manuals
- Meet the physical requirement which qualify a person to perform essential job functions including the ability to lift up to 70 pounds
- Possess basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic disciplines as they apply to aircraft systems.
- Should be able to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Preferred: Formal mechanical/technical training or background
Equal Opportunities for Everyone:
- STS Technical Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- STS Technical Services is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our our commitment, STS Technical Services will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our team at 1-800-359-4787.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.