Aircraft Systems Engineers
Aircraft Systems EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Systems Engineers in Erlanger, Kentucky.
The Aircraft Systems Engineer reports to the Director, Engineering and is responsible for the technical accuracy and reliability of Atlas Air aircraft. Additional responsibilities include the Boeing 747 aircraft systems technical accuracy and reliability in the following ATA’s- 21, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30, 32, 33, 35, 36, 38, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55,
56, and 57.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Issue instructions (EO’s) and documents to economically support operations and return aircraft to service in a safe, airworthy, and timely manner.
- Develop and/or obtain approved data, acceptable data, and Alternate Methods of Compliance (AMOCs) for repairs, alterations, and modifications.
- Report on the status of projects and issues as directed.
- Update technical source documents as applicable to insure accuracy.
- Support integration of new and previously operated aircraft.
- Liaise with manufacturers; maintenance representatives, repair & overhaul (MRO) facilities; outside engineering departments; regulatory personnel; and other outside agencies.
- Participate in industry working groups, industry steering committees, industry meetings, and conferences.
- Review work of consultant, contract, and MRO Systems Engineers.
Key Objectives (Metrics):
- Evaluate Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), Notices of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRMs), Airworthiness Directives (ADs), Service Bulletins (SBs), Service Letters (SLs), and other notifications of in-service issues.
- Develop product improvement modifications as directed by Reliability Indicators.
- Fleet Reliability Analysis for unique systems and components.
- Work with original equipment manufacturers on emerging issues to help ensure safety and airworthiness, but also minimize the economic impact.
- Organize, develop and provide all necessary Systems Engineering documentation required to complete aircraft Systems modifications and repairs within the allocated time schedule and budget allowance.
- Establish component repair and build specifications to enhance dispatch reliability in accordance with budgetary and regulatory requirements.
- Developing, managing and maintaining Aging Aircraft Programs:
- FAR 121.1111 (EWIS) Electrical Wiring Interconnection Systems Analysis
- SFAR 88 – (EPAS/FTS) Enhanced Airworthiness Program for Airplane Systems/Fuel Tank Safety Analysis
Key Objectives (Activities):
- Provide technical support to Technical Operations, Ground Operations, Flight Operations, and other Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings personnel.
- Coordinate with other Engineering staff to provide 24/7 technical support.
- Review systems portion of the Aircraft Maintenance and Inspection Program, and initiate maintenance program changes and changes to maintenance documents.
- Meets deadlines
- Remembers & follows instructions
- Meets daily attendance & punctuality standard
- Work is thorough
- Produces accurate, dependable work
- Output is consistent
- Complete attention to detail
- Volume of work produced meets expectations
- Commitment to task
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with aircraft and engine system components.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of large aircraft system design.
- Ability to identify cost effective engineering solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to interface with manufacturers and regulatory agencies.
- Some financial analysis skills required.
- 5-12 years Airline/Aircraft Systems Engineering
- 7-9 years in applied engineering setting.
- B.S. Engineering/Technical Engineering Degree (ME or AE) or equivalent experience.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.