Aircraft Systems Engineers
Aircraft Systems EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Systems Engineers in Florence, Kentucky.
The Senior Aircraft Systems Engineer reports to the Manager, Aircraft Systems Engineering and is responsible for the engineering data, instructions, documents, and technical support that economically ensures the safety, airworthiness, and reliability of aircraft within the following ATA chapter subjects: 21, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30, 32, 33, 35, 36, and 38.
- Provide guidance to Aircraft Systems Engineering staff.
- Issue instructions and documents to economically support operations and return aircraft to service in a safe, airworthy, and timely manner.
- Develop plans, instructions, and documents to comply with FARs, ADs, and NPRMs and to resolve non-mandatory in-service issues.
- Support integration of new and previously operated aircraft.
- Liaise with manufacturers; maintenance representatives, repair & overhaul (MRO) facilities; outside engineering departments; regulatory personnel; and other outside agencies.
- Participate in industry working groups, industry steering committees, industry meetings, and conferences.
- Review work of consultant, contract, and MRO Aircraft Systems
- Update technical source documents as applicable to insure accuracy.
- Evaluate Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), Notices of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRMs), Airworthiness Directives (ADs), Service Bulletins (SBs), Service Letters (SLs), and other notifications of in-service issues.
- Participate in Fuel Safety Working Group activities regarding SFAR 88.
- Develop and/or obtain approved data, acceptable data, and Alternate Methods of Compliance (AMOCs) for repairs, alterations, and modifications.
- Develop product improvement modifications as dictated by Reliability indicators.
- Work with original equipment manufacturers on emerging issues to help ensure safety and airworthiness, but also minimize the economic impact.
- Establish component repair and build specifications to enhance dispatch reliability in accordance with budgetary and regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical support to Technical Operations, Ground Operations, Flight Operations, and other personnel.
- Provide 24/7 technical support in cooperation with other Engineering staff.
- Manage SOAP (Spectroscopic Oil Analysis Program).
- Initiate maintenance program changes and changes to maintenance documents.
- Recent Airline or MRO experience is required, specifically on Boeing aircraft
- 5-12 years Airline/Aircraft Systems Engineering
- 7-9 years in applied engineering setting.
- S. Engineering/Technical Engineering Degree (ME or AE) or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with aircraft and engine system components.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of large aircraft system design.
- Ability to identify cost effective engineering solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to interface with manufacturers and regulatory agencies.
- Some financial analysis skills required.
- Ability and flexibility to travel domestically and internationally.
- Meets deadlines
- Remembers & follows instructions
- Meets daily attendance & punctuality standard
- Work is thorough
- Produces accurate, dependable work
- Output is consistent
- Complete attention to detail
- Volume of work produced meets expectations
- Commitment to task
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.