Aircraft Systems Engineers
Aircraft Systems EngineersSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Systems Engineers in Wichita, Kansas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Applies an interdisciplinary engineering approach to whole system design by defining and documenting customer needs and required functionality early in the concept and development cycles.
- Skilled at defining and solving problems.
- Applies Systems Engineering principles to a system through its life cycle, from development through production, deployment, training support, operation, and disposal as defined by customer requirements.
- Applies a logical sequence of activities and decisions that transforms an operational need into a description of system performance parameters and a preferred system configuration.
- Applies Systems Engineering principles, roles and responsibilities as defined by Defense Acquisition University (DAU) System Engineering Fundamentals.
- Manage requirements database for all projects using requirements tools like Doors or TeamCenter Systems Engineering.
- Translate customer needs and required functionality into product and performance requirements.
- Ensure industry and certification (FAA and Mil-Hdbk-516C) requirements are addressed in the requirements.
- Document requirements in aircraft requirements documents, system requirements documents, and performance specifications
- Conduct requirements traceability analyses, develop and maintain requirements traceability matrix.
- Prepare for and conduct Functional Configuration Audits and requirement compliance activities.
- Technical reviews
- Coordinate with functional leads, designers, project engineers and leadership to prepare and conduct technical reviews (System Functional Review (SFR), System Requirements Review (SRR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR).
- Ensure product and functional requirements are addressed by the design in tech review materials.
- Ensure company processes and maturity gates for product development are addressed in tech review materials; obtain required approvals.
- Document outcomes and results from technical reviews.
- Proposal Development
- Ensure requirements are known early stages of the proposal process to support internal and supplier statements of work and requirements documentation.
- Ensure requirements are understood and addressed in proposed solutions for added capabilities.
- Conduct trade studies.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.