Aircraft Technicians (REQ# 180193)
Aircraft Technicians (REQ# 180193)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Technicians in Savannah, Georgia.
The Aircraft Technician I, under close supervision, performs or assists with inspection, maintenance, and repair of basic aircraft systems and structures.
- Communicate as required to receive and understand work assignments.
- Perform basic aircraft inspections, repairs, and modifications under close supervision.
- Assist with movement of aircraft as required.
- Properly complete CMP cards, work order sign-offs, and other paperwork in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all work accomplished meets quality standards and specifications.
- Properly identify (tag) customer property and equipment. Store aircraft components and other customer property securely and safely.
- Follow standard operating procedures when operating ground support equipment (external power carts, hydraulic power units, hydraulic lift platforms, forklifts, compressed gas cylinders, etc.)
- Ensure all customer property is properly protected.
- Use material tracking system to create parts demand, and to charge labor to Work Orders, items, and squawks.
- Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic and de-icing fluids, and solvent rags.
- Apply 6S and Lean Initiatives to keep shops, hangars, and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered.
- Properly use and maintain company-provided tools and equipment. Return items to designated storage area after use.
- Comply with safety rules and procedures.
- Use protective equipment as required and be alert for unsafe conditions.
- Address and report unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate or 2 years of aviation maintenance experience.
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Working knowledge of FAA regulations, process specifications, Repair Station and Quality Control manuals, and company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.