Aircraft Upholstery Technicians
Aircraft Upholstery TechniciansSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Upholstery Technicians in Savannah, Georgia.
Under minimal supervision fabricate and install upholstery, cover panels, and make simple patterns for aircraft interiors using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
- Fabricate, using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications, cover and install flat panels and curtains.
- May sew simple covers using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
- Work with fabric, vinyl and leather hides, composites and other materials using specified adhesives, sewing equipment, hardware, hand tools and various power tools.
- Cut and surge carpets, cover bulkheads and cover/install panels.
- May be responsible to fabricate various metal parts, fit panels and windows, cabin head liners, upper sidewalls, lower side panels, hatch panels, and windows.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Work with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Manufacturing and other process improvement techniques.
- Use the material tracking system, Corridor, to create parts demands, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Comply with safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies and use personal protective equipment as required.
- Address unsafe conditions before putting others as risk.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Experienced in aircraft upholstery covering panels, seat foam build, installing seat covers and seat assembly.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Two (2) years experience using commercial sewing machines, sergers and/or various hand tools used in upholstery and carpet trades.
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand proficiently the English language.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Ability to use measuring tools and perform basic math computations.
- Must be computer literate.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.