Aircraft Wing Design Engineers
Aircraft Wing Design EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Wing Design Engineers in Greensboro, North Carolina.
Wing Structure Designer Engineering responsible for the conceptual design and production engineering of aircraft primary and secondary structure. The candidate will be responsible for conceptual layout, detail design and in-service design and modifications. Will support and play an integral role in requirements definition, design reviews and PDRs/CDRs.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Generates engineering models, drawings, parts list and EO utilizing CATIA V5
- Perform trade studies to identify optimal engineering solutions
- Collaborates with the Integrated Product Team (IPT) to resolve cross functional issues
- Review work performed by others and ensure work is to the highest standard
- Implement industry best engineering practices (design for manufacturing, design for reliability and design for maintainability)
- Familiarity with structural analysis methods, load paths, and material properties
- Will help to achieve company objectives including cost, weight, project sustaining, on production, or new product development
- Manages task execution to ensure on-time and on-target completion
- Perform tolerance and deviation studies; define detail parts dimensional requirements to meet final design intent
- Searches for problem root cause and develop corrective action plans and solutions
- Utilizes drafting and Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing knowledge to optimize the design for cost and producability
- Leads or participates in design/development reviews with management and internal customers; the candidate must have the ability to deliver technical presentations effectively to a diverse and demanding audience
- Able to communicate with others in a respectful manner and acknowledge their concerns and suggestions
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline preferred but experience can used in lieu of education
- Minimum of 10 years of primary and secondary structural design experience
- Must possess a minimum of 4000 hours of experience with Catia V5 or equivalent
- Previous experience on a full-aircraft certification project is desirable
- Some travel maybe required
- Knowledge of AMSE Y14.5 dimensioning and tolerancing
- Knowledge of analytical tools used to support design reviews (3DCS)
- Possess strong communication skills both verbal and writing skills conducting presentations to internal and external customers
- Experience with Catia V5
- Working knowledge of full life cycle drawing approval process including communication with manufacturing, stress, CM, and quality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.