Airframe Design Engineers
Airframe Design EngineersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Airframe Design Engineers in Forth Worth, Texas.
We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and to design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA’s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to work for an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
The Airframe Design Engineer at Bell is responsible for design activities related to the preparation, conversion, and release of engineering data. Also, this position has responsibilities for compliance to company Design Manuals, Best Practices, Customer Specifications, Military Standards, Bell procedures, Program Directives, and annual Compliance requirements. This position is offered at Bell’s main campus in Fort Worth, Texas.
Our most cherished core value is to Lift Each Other up, creating a diverse and inclusive environment. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences in experiences, backgrounds, and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create detail, assembly, and installation airframe 3D models, 2D drawings and engineering bill of materials.
- Review detail, assembly, and installation design definition to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Assignments will involve detail design under the supervision of a technical lead.
- Assist in researching pertinent data and developing solutions for the project or assignment.
- Coordinate with other engineering, manufacturing, or specialty personnel to resolve problems, including execution to program schedule and cost requirements.
- Provide Manufacturing Engineering support during fabrication and assembly of components.
- Support supplier activity.
- Advance the state-of-the-art through creative thought, personal and team research, technical compliance, and strong analysis skills.
- Travel to various suppliers may be expected depending on the assignment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required. Major in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering is preferred.
- Multiple levels of experience will be considered with at least 2 years of airframe design.
- Must have proficiency in CATIA V5, V6 or 3DX is required.
- Must have proficiency with general part sizing and familiarity with GD&T is required
- Must have PC proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Familiarity with Planning, Manufacturing, Procurement and Maintenance processes is preferred.
- Experience working with product lifecycle management (PLM) software such as ENOVIA to drive product lifecycle is preferred.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.