Airframe & Powerplant Inspectors
Airframe & Powerplant InspectorsSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Airframe & Powerplant Inspectors in Wichita, Kansas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Quality Control Inspector (QCI) activities include objectively evaluating the maintenance, preventative maintenance, rebuilding and alteration performed during all phases of work.
- The QCI will also perform parts receiving and inspection procedures.
- The Quality Control Inspector reports to the Quality Control Manager (QCM)
- Will be responsible for inspecting aircraft maintenance, modifications and alterations.
- Will be responsible to perform in-process and final inspections for assigned tasks.
- Will be familiar with inspection methods, techniques, aids, tools and equipment used within their assigned area of responsibility.
- Will be responsible to ensure current applicable technical data is used for the assigned task.
- Will follow specialized technical drawings and illustrations during the course of inspections.
- Will have the necessary skills to use specialized calibrated tools and measuring equipment in the course of assigned tasks.
- Will be able to understanding the current specifications involving inspection tolerances, limitations, and procedures established by the manufacturer of the article(s) being inspected.
- Have ability to monitor accurate aircraft, engine, propeller, component logs and other records pertinent to airworthiness
- Perform all oversight inspections necessary to ensure the applicable record documentation is properly completed
- Perform liaison duties between the government flight representatives and program management
- Support AS9100 and IS-BAO compliance requirements as requested by ASO QM
- Must have the ability to draft and review flight and ground operating procedures compliant with AR 95-20
- Must be able to obtain and sustain a secret clearance and be willing to travel (post COVID) 40%
- Performing site audits to ensure Leidos policies and procedures, regulations and customer requirements are being met
- Addressing Internal and External Corrective Action Requests (CAR) and provide a timely, sustained resolution through Root Cause Analysis
- Ensuring that sensor modifications or component changes are in compliance with approved technical data and procedures
- Preparing and/or presenting weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Providing assistance in the classification of repairs and alterations in relation to Major or Minor Repairs
- BS degree and eight (8)+ years of prior relevant experience. BS degree may be substituted with additional years of direct experience working in aviation programs in support of defense contracts under DCMA INST 8210.1 / AR 95-20 requirements
- FAA Airframe and Power Plant (A&P) Certification
- FAA Inspection Authorization (IA)
- FAA Federal Aviation Regulations since we also operate and maintain aircraft under FAR Part 91
- In depth knowledge of DCMA 8210.1C
- Experience with AS9100/AS9110 requirements
- Ability to create and maintain aviation program manuals, forms, and records
- Must have at least five (5) years’ experience maintaining and/or returning aircraft to service
- Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision as well as part of a project team with strong analytical and communication skills
- Shall meet the physical demand rating of light: lifts on an occasional basis; a maximum of 25 pounds with frequent or constant lifting of 10 pounds
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office products
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a current passport
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license
- Must read, write, speak and understand English
- Crawl in and out of tight spaces
- Comfortably work in confined areas in a kneeling or crouched position
- Lift, balance and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Work in enclosed hangars as well as exterior in year round weather conditions
- Work off site as required
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.