STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Airframe & Powerplant Mechanics in Erlanger, Kentucky.
Do you strive to deliver customer service excellence? This is your opportunity to be a part of a fast-paced, growing and dynamic organization! We are currently seeking service focused individuals to join our rapidly expanding Crew Scheduling team.
Crew Schedulers are an integral part of the Global Control Center (GCC) and serve as a critical component to the Atlas operation. Responsible for ensuring each scheduled flight is legally covered with the appropriate crew compliment. Use tools and resources to schedule pilots and flight attendants, and aptly amending schedules by adhering to Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), company policies and procedures and the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
Why work here? Atlas Air Worldwide is the leading global provider of outsourced aircraft and aviation services for commercial and military customers. Our companies operate the world’s largest fleet of Boeing 747 Freighters and provide customers a broad array of Boeing 747, 777, 767, and 737 aircraft for domestic, regional and international applications. Operating nearly 60K flights yearly to hundreds of destinations around the world, Atlas Air safely and proudly serves both the cargo and charter passenger needs of a broad customer base including partners such as the U.S. military, DHL, Amazon, Qantas, major sports leagues, musicians, and many more.
The physical job location for this role is Erlanger, KY. Successful candidates will be offered a position starting in June 2022.
Customer Service: 35%
- 24-hour communications center/point of contact for pilot and flight attendant work groups, providing round-the-clock support to flight crewmembers regarding schedule and flight-related issues, sick notices, delay notifications, assignment modifications, etc.
- Provides excellent and timely customer service to Pilots and Flight
- Professionally operating all lines of communication (chat, phone, email) in a timely manner.
Problem Solving: 20%
- Monitor and uphold compliance with FAR’s, CBA’s and Company policy compliance of flight crew member schedules for a day-to- day operations
- Continuous auditing and verification of coverage of all scheduled flights, and monitoring of crewmember schedules to ensure legality/FAR compliance.
- Optimize the utilization of crewmembers to ensure daily flights are adequately staffed.
Information Gathering & Processing: 25%
- Processes trip swaps, trip drops, sick calls, emergency leaves and other daily schedule
- Assign all open flying to qualified crewmembers according to FAR’s, CBA’s and Company policies.
- Manage daily responsibilities such as 3.2.1 legalities, daily reports, Hot Spare Crew and related tasks, Reserve crewmember utilization, and travel updates.
Teamwork & Collaboration: 20%
- Report significant operational events to the Lead Crew
- Close coordination with the Lead Crew Scheduler with regard to any issues that will affect the
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and maintain company expectations.
- Required: Minimum of High School diploma
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Required: Minimum 2 years of customer service or data analysis experience
- Preferred: Advanced knowledge/training related to Aviation Management and/or prior aviation operations experience
- Must be proficient in MS Office skills particularly with Outlook, Word and Excel and have the ability to use a desktop Ready learner with the ability to proficiently operate sophisticated and complex software systems (AIMS etc)
- Knowledgeable in operating a multi-line phone system
- Must possess effective organizational skills and must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Must possess strong interpersonal, analytical, administrative skills and be able to work in a team environment
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal to a diverse population
- Must be able to perform mathematical computations using decimals and/or hours and minutes, both with and without a calculator
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment handling stressful situations and have the ability to manage stress and stay calm under high pressure
- Must be able to work any/all shifts (24/7 operation) including holidays as needed
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.