Airframe & Powerplant Mechanics
Airframe & Powerplant MechanicsSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Airframe & Powerplant Mechanics in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Inspect, test, repair, maintain, and service aircraft.
- Read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Modify aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, engineering orders and technical publications.
- Perform visual inspections during assembly of part and after repair or installation of component.
- Perform operational checks after maintenance is performed to ensure proper operation.
- Examine, inspect and troubleshoot engine or other components for cracks, breaks, or leaks.
- Disassemble and inspect parts for wear, warping, or other defects.
- Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand tools and power tools.
- Adjust, align, and calibrate aircraft systems, using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
- Test engine and system operations, using testing equipment.
- Service and maintain aircraft systems.
- Perform maintenance IAW FAA approved technical data.
- Research FAA technical data to locate applicable data relevant to assigned tasks.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be COVID-19 vaccinated, have 1st COVID-19 vaccination shot or willing to take COVID-19 vaccination.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant license.
- Must have 3-5 years experience within commercial aviation.
- Must be able to read and write English and be able to comprehend and apply information contained in technical manuals.
- Must be able to document maintenance performed on required forms.
- Knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Must be able to use the FAA approved data proficiently. (i.e., IPC, AMM, OHM, SRM.)
- Familiar with B737, B747, B757, B767, B777, MD88/90, DC-9 and A319/320 aircraft types and associated engines.
- Practice safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Successfully complete a fingerprint-based Criminal History Records check prior to beginning work.
- Must meet the physical requirements which qualify a person to perform essential job functions including the ability to lift at least 70 pounds.
- Must be willing to work rotating or fixed shifts.
- A valid clear driver’s license.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.