Airframe & Powerplant Mechanics
Airframe & Powerplant MechanicsSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Airframe & Powerplant Mechanics in Ypsilanti, Michigan.
Job Duties & Requirements:
- Adjusts, aligns, and calibrates aircraft systems, using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
- Examines and inspects engines or other components for cracks, breaks, or leaks.
- Disassembles and inspects parts for wear, warping, or other defects.
- Assembles and installs electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand tools and power tools.
- Services and maintains aircraft systems by performing tasks, such as flushing crankcase, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
- Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft structures, functional components, and parts, such as wings and fuselage, rigging, and hydraulic units.
- Tests engine and system operations, using testing equipment, and listens to engine sounds to detect and diagnose malfunctions.
- Removes engine from aircraft or installs engine, using hoist or forklift truck.
- Long-term contract and direct hire positions are available. It’s all about you and what you prefer.
- Overtime is offered in abundance
- If you decide that you’d like to go direct, the benefits package you’ll receive is exceptional.
- Gain valuable experience working on 747’s and 767’s with the opportunity to obtain Gen Fam courses.
- A perfect landing place for veterans looking for a great career
- Due to a recent expansion, Kalitta Air just created 150 new jobs, and that means there are great advancement opportunities for those hoping to move into inspection, lead, supervisor and / or foreman roles
- Oscoda, Michigan offers a low-cost of living but a high-quality of life and a strong sense of community
- If you love the outdoors, you’ll love Oscoda. World class hunting and fishing is in your back yard
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.