STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Airframe Technicians in Lincoln, Nebraska.
The Airframe Technician, with limited supervision, assists with testing, adjusting and repairing, and other general tasks related to the maintenance and repair of a airframe systems and components on a variety of airframes in a safe and clean work environment according to manufacturer’s specifications, Duncan Aviation approved procedures and customer specifications. In addition, this position prepares and completes appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- With limited supervision, assists in high quality inspections, servicing, and maintenance of airframe systems and components on a variety of airframes, using proper hand tools in a timely, clean, safe and professional manner with no rework. Accurately order general aircraft parts as needed.
- With limited supervision, performs minor troubleshooting, function testing, and repair of aircraft systems and components.
- Prepares various documents for record keeping purposes, as required by Company policy and FAA regulations (i.e. turnovers, removal sheets, personal training log, etc.). Demonstrates proficiency of Duncan Aviation work order system by completing accurate and timely discrepancies and corrective action statements, Service Bulletins and Airworthiness Directives (AD) Compliance statements, final inspection and closing of squawks and work orders.
- Consistently locates and uses appropriate technical data and follows verbal instructions when accomplishing assigned maintenance tasks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Job Specific Requirements Licenses/Certificates:
- Airframe and Powerplant Certificate Required;
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record;
- Respirator Fit qualified – (can discuss)
- Man Lift qualified – (can discuss)
- tool inventory per department tool list required
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required; occasional overnight and short notice travel required
Physical: Routinely lifts up to 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 100 lbs.; reads small print; hears sounds associated with mechanical deficiencies; repetitive motion; works with moving parts and vibration; tolerates products, materials and fumes associated with component maintenance; tolerates working in confined spaces and heights above four feet; tolerates walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing and sitting
- Environmental: Tolerates working in extreme temperatures and in noisy environments
- Must be available for all shifts
Education and Experience:
- Airframe Technician I:High School graduate or equivalent required Two years aircraft maintenance experience or FAA Airframe & Powerplant
- Airframe Technician II:High School graduate or equivalent required Two years aircraft maintenance related experience required
- Airframe Technician III:High School graduate or equivalent required Five years aircraft maintenance experience required Duncan Aviation is an
- Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.