Aircraft Design Engineer (Doors, Equipment & Furnishings) REQ #155107
Aircraft Design Engineer (Doors, Equipment & Furnishings) REQ #155107STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring an Aircraft Design Engineer in Savannah, Georgia.
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of our client’s products and services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule
- Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- The ideal candidate will be a proven design engineer with experience in Doors (main entry, emergency, service) and Crew and Equipment (flight deck and avionic equipment installations, equipment racks, antennas, lights, acoustic and thermal insulation, honeycomb shelves, brackets, secondary structure, bonding and grounding).
- Must be proficient with Catia V5, Smarteam, and MS Powerpoint.
- Experience with supplier joint design and qualification documentation is a plus.
- A fundamental understanding of static stress analysis as it relates to sizing airframe structural repairs
- Experience as a stress analyst in post-production environment or a production MRB stress engineer
- Experience with airworthiness regulations in regards to major repairs or alterations of external airframe parts and components and the requirements to find compliance when analyzing a repair
- The ability to effectively work with & support a multi-disciplined team of engineers, mechanics, Tech Ops, Quality Control, upper management, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication and collaborative skills and the ability to effectively communicate the organization’s position with external and internal customers
- Practical hands on aircraft experience and problem solving
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.