Aircraft Quality Assurance Inspector
Aircraft Quality Assurance InspectorSTS Technincal Services
West Star Aviation
STS Technical Services is hiring an Aircraft Quality Assurance Inspector in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
This position which provides support to the Quality Assurance department requires strong organization and attention to detail; intermediate to advanced knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and strong telephone skills. The job duties will vary each day. Work with Program Managers, Leads and Quality Control Inspectors to ensure accurate and customer oriented service. Update maintenance tracking system from log entries for all maintenance and modifications to aircraft assigned. Assist the Quality Manager in completing all FAA approval and return to service paperwork as required to support the facility operations. Insure quality control and release of aircraft meet company and FAA requirements.
- Build R&I books
- Save and produce schedule from SOF (Service Order Form) forms
- Receive inventory on and off all planes that arrive-log/keep track of all inventories that come in and go out during the ac time at WSA (find inventory/take photos/add photos to inspection file-all inventory goes in the plane as it was when it came off the plane as if it was never touched)
- Remove and replace all books/inventories off the aircraft-in inventories and out inventories-scan inventory sheets into aircraft inspection file
- Produce all reports from tracking programs-distribute to aircraft maintenance file and Inspection file
- Run Corridor WO (work order) Detail reports for inspectors
- Print and build work package according to Corridor WO Detail-I build these from tracking system along with Maintenance Manual procedures-I number each card according to master/due items so inspector can log what cards we’ve received and what task has been completed. These are also built from Field5 (Falcon Program) according to the maintenance manual pertaining to the ac (aircraft) model
- Inserting revisions into manuals as directed by customers or inspectors
- Correct/replace/review information in Corridor
- Request PO (Purchase Order) information for additional parts needed for ac
- Shipping distributions for department
- Build log book entries according to inspections/information on proposal-engine logs, APU logs, paint logs, interior logs, maintenance logs, check flight logs, etc
- Complete work packages prior to departure-make sure all work cards are completed and date stamped and wo is stamped on cards and CRS info is on card-track down anyone who needs to sign off their work
- When work package is completed-scan all cards/info/certs (entire package) into inspection aircraft file in appropriate location (CAMP/LBE/ETC)
- Check LBE (Log Book Entry) for errors (work order #/times/cycles/work completed)
- Locate any information needed for inspection-running reports, looking through inventories for Part #/Serial # information whether that be in log entries, mx logs, prior Technical Evaluations, 8130 research, tracking sites, FAA 337 form, etc.
- Track down techs/employees to sign off work completed on cards/corridor
- Distribute certified parts (with and without serial numbers) to inspectors or on the floor for parts that arrive at WSA per shipping/receiving
- Scans all documents/support information into sys for Technical Evaluations
- Distribute and log Road Trip Books
- Perform, review and inspect technical evaluations-check for errors and corrections needed
- Back up for STCs-sorting file, making sure all information is correct on STC (aircraft/STC #/date/etc)
- Back up for Burns/Fire Blocking-receiving burn, requesting PO, logging burn, adding squawk to corridor, shipping burn
- Back up for Tool Calibration-collecting, sending out, logging info, adding certs to corridor, distributing tools back to floor/employee
- Back up for ALN Drawing Release and Distribution-logging, distributing appropriately
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associates/Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
- A & P License and 3 years minimum aviation experience on corporate aircraft required. (i.e. Hawker, Citation)
- Office Administration experience.
- Word processing, typing and 10 key by touch required.
- Valid drivers’ license required.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and able to maintain a rapid pace.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Able to perform job with minimal supervision.
- Follow all company and safety rules during performance of duties.
- Internal and external customers and vendors.
- Able to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Able to bend, reach and stoop.
- Sit at desk and / or computer for extended intervals.
- Walking of short distances routinely.
- Ability to prioritize workload and work under pressure.
- Ability to work with others in a confidential, professional and courteous manner.
- Work under the supervision of the Quality Assurance Manager or designee.
- Used 10 key calculator, FAX machine, telephone and photocopier.
- Personal computer operating with Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and various other programs
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.