Assistant Contracts Manager
Assistant Contracts ManagerSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring an Assistant Contracts Manager in Jacksonville, Florida.
The Assistant Contact Manager is responsible for coordinating and direct activities relative to the safe and efficient operation of the contract to meet the demand and for assisting in conducting strategic contractual assessment and risk mitigation. Being the primary back-up for the Contracts Manager to ensure deliverables are accurate and meet commitment dates.
- Serves as subject matter expert for Defense contracts and interprets acquisition regulations (FAR/DFARS) and contract requirements.
- Provides sound contract management oversight to assure that business agreements are made in accordance with Company objectives and regulations and with the US Government and US Defense contracting requirements (FAR/DFARS).
- Assists in the formation of collaborative agreements.
- Acts in concert with strategic planning team and helps shape customer requirements.
- Coordinate & work effectively with Legal, Program Management, Quality, Logistics & Production.
- Correlates, develops & reviews Request for Proposals (RFPs) responses. Interprets RFP requirements to ensure proposal compliance; Ensures Proposal review process is conducted and proposal complies with approved parameters.
- Identifies non-compliant terms and conditions and works with proposal team to migrate risks.
- Provide team lead guidance & support to Compliance & Customer Support departments
- Assist with development, implementation & monitoring department Metrics/Key performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Drafts contract language and ensures adequate disclosure of cost and pricing data.
- Leads negotiations and ensures contract reflects agreement.
- Obtains approvals to execute contracts.
- Acts as the formal business interface with multiple external and internal customers on programmatic issues including change management, organizational conflict of interest (OCIs), and Proprietary Information Agreements.
- Interprets and communicates requirements, ensures compliance; documents changes and negotiates equitable adjustments.
- Supports contract dispute resolutions processes and serves as the primary customer interface.
- Provides coaching, mentoring, and developmental opportunities for other members on the team.
- Contributes to process and policy improvements.
- Interfaces with Executive level management.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (in Business Administration/Management, Legal Studies, or Aviation) required; Preferred Master’s Degree &/or CFCM or CPCM Certification
- Generally 3-5 years of experience in team lead and/or people management.
- Minimum 5-8 years of professional contract experience.
- Experience in development, production and O&M phases of programs.
- Experience with U.S. Government/ International / Commercial contract negotiations and contracting.
- Ability to develop negotiation strategies.
- In- depth knowledge of Cost Plus Fixed Fee, Cost Plus Award Fee/ Incentive Fee, Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity and Firm Fixed Price type contracts
- Excellent knowledge of International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to be cleared to TS SCI level.
- Able to provide advice, counsel and coaching to Program personnel in interpreting and understanding their contracts and customer contract organizations.
- Able to work within a team and foster teamwork and trust from both external and internal customers.
- Strong organizational and computer skills (MS Word, Excel & Power Point).
- Subject matter expert for interpreting acquisition regulations (FAR/ DFARS) and contract requirements.
- Able to use original and independent thinking to assist product line management and other members of the staff in formulating and executing business strategies to reduce risk, assure compliance, and enhance customer satisfaction
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.