STS Technical Services
STS Aviation Services is hiring an HSE Officer in Birmingham, United Kingdom.
- Promote a safe workplace environment without risk to health
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated
- Play a key part in supporting the Company in meeting its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting
- Demonstrate a keen understanding of environmental strategies and plans of how to apply them
- Work alongside the team to development and maintain environmental documentation
- Act as a focal point for environmental matters
- Carry out the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained
- Work with the team to establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks
- Attend Health & Safety Committee meetings and participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health, safety & environmental matters
- Support projects to establish a structured programme of health & safety training
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business
- NEBOSH General or equivalent and any additional environmental knowledge/qualifications
- Desirable recent training in the following disciplines:
- First Aid at Work
- Handling of H&S Investigations
- Is enthusiastic and passionate about HSE processes and improvements
- Is able to display a confident approach in all matters related to HSE
- Professional approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills, communication skills and presentation skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work in, and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work cooperatively with others to complete tasks and implement process improvements
- Demonstrate a flexible and co-operative approach
- Experienced in gathering, analyzing and reporting on key H&S data/statistics is advantageous
This role will require the successful candidate to support the business with their Military Programme. Therefore you will be required to undertake security clearance checks and meet our qualifying criteria. This will be discussed with shortlisted candidates as part of the interview process.
The successful candidate will join a fast paced, innovative and dynamic business at an exciting time. You can expect a Competitive Salary, Company Pension Scheme, 4x Life Assurance, Free Parking, Subsidised Canteen and other exclusive employee benefits.
About STS Aviation Services:
STS Aviation Services operates three state-of-the-art aircraft hangars, two interior modification facilities and more than 40 line maintenance stations both stateside and aboard. These facilities, and the expert personnel that call each home, fuel the company’s drive to seamlessly blend a growing portfolio of MRO services to deliver all-encompassing aircraft maintenance, engineering and modification solutions to the global aviation industry.
To learn more about STS Aviation Services and what makes it the company with “Solutions to Keep You Flying,” please visit www.stsaviationgroup.com or call 1-800-800-2400.