A&P Aircraft Engine Mechanics
A&P Aircraft Engine MechanicsSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring A&P Aircraft Engine Mechanics in Augusta, Georgia.
As an A&P Engine Mechanic, you will be responsible for performing routine maintenance and major inspections on turbofan-powered aircraft or turbine engines.
- Perform routine maintenance and major inspections HTF7000, TFE731 and APU engine types and models.
- Disassembly and re-assembly of all HTF7000 and TFE731 engine types and models.
- Stages and de-stages engines to perform test cell analysis.
- Document all engine discrepancies, troubleshooting and repairing discrepancies and describing work accomplished in inspection paperwork.
- Accomplish Service Bulletins, repair letters, and Air-worthiness Directive, as required.
- Perform incoming and outgoing engine runs and line maintenance, as required
- Analyzes a variety of mechanical problems and determines the cause and best method of repair.
- Remove and reinstall engines on aircraft for major periodic inspections and core zone inspections.
- Accomplish all aspects of airframe removal and reinstallation, engine inspection and repair on road trips to accommodate customer aircraft.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in corporate jet experience; experience on Honeywell, P&W, Rolls-Royce, or GE turbine engines, Dassault Falcon, Bombardier Lear, Canadair Challenger, Embraer Legacy or Hawker Beechcraft preferred OR non-licensed with 4 years military experience as an aircraft maintainer or powerplant mechanic required (DD214) required.
- Demonstrated technical ability on specific airframes and engines in the areas of inspections, maintenance, preventive maintenance, alterations, and repairs.
- Demonstrated ability to locate and apply FAA regulations, Advisory Circulars, Orders, Notices etc.
- Non-Licensed Applicants must be able to obtain FAA Airframe and Powerplant License with 12 months of hire.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, walk, bend, stretch, and climb ladders.
- Must be able to think clearly, and speak intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
- Must be able to manipulate equipment of all sizes, tools, computer keyboards, and telephones.
- Must be able to work outside in the extreme of temperatures and inclement weather.
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
Benefits that Make Life Better:
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- 401(k) with 100% company match; up to 5% vested
- Paid Time Off starting on day one
- Bonus opportunities
- Health- & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Learning & Training opportunities
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.