A&P MechanicsSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring A&P Mechanics in Augusta, Georgia.
This position is responsible for performing routine maintenance, and major inspections on corporate aircraft. Trouble-shooting, repair, and modification of aircraft components is accomplished by this position. In addition, engine removal and reinstallation, operational checks, leak checks, and engine runs are all within the responsibility of the Mechanic, A&P.
- Responsible for using sound judgment and technical aptitude to make decisions regarding maintenance, sequence, and techniques, troubleshooting and discrepancy resolution.
- Removes and reinstalls engines from turbofan and turbo powered aircraft.
- Performs operation checks and engine runs to ensure air-worthiness prior to departure.
- Inspects aircraft in accordance with OEM Light or Heavy Maintenance manuals.
- Evaluates removed components for serviceability and document discrepancies (squawks).
- Troubleshoot and repair all airframe systems as required (hydraulics, landing gear, etc).
- May perform fuel tank sealing on aircraft.
- Document all work accomplished in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Accomplishes Service Bulletins, Repair Letters and Airworthiness Directive as required.
- Reads and interprets maintenance manual procedures, blueprints, technical manuals and schematic diagrams when required.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
- Utilizes mechanics hand tools, precision measuring instruments, gauges and calibration test equipment.
- Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies.
- May perform other duties as required by the department.
- A valid FAA approved Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in aviation; preferably corporate aviation.
- Must have the ability and experience to be eligible to acquire delegated inspection authority status.
- Corporate aviation experience preferred on: Dassault Falcon Jet, Bombardier, Gulfstream & Embraer.
- Aviation training preferred. This training may take the form of military training, aeronautical academy or technical school training and/or an Aviation Associates Degree.
- General aviation experience preferred.
- Must have proven mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Must have proven experience using a variety of hand and/or power tools.
- Analytical skills required to perform complex mechanical troubleshooting.
- Strong communication skills required, both verbal and written.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds, walk, bend, stretch, and climb ladders.
- Must have the ability to think clearly, speak intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
- Must have the ability to manipulate equipment of all sizes, tools, computer keyboards, and telephones.
- Must be able to see to disassemble and visually inspect.
- Must be able to hear to detect the sources of problems.
- Must have excellent hand-to-eye coordination.
- Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.