STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring A&P Mechanics in Dallas, Texas.
An Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Mechanic is responsible for the repairs and services of every part and system in an airplane (except instruments) to ensure they are operating correctly and safely.
- Must be knowledgeable and have the ability to inspect, service and repair airplanes
- Recommend and perform regular maintenance
- Measure wear of parts to determine if there is a structural problem
- Ability to use various tools and diagnostic equipment
- Ability to read gauges, understand instrumentation and diagnostic tools when assessing and repairing aircraft
- Ability to use hands to manipulate and work with a number of components
- Need to be able to understand the root causes of aircraft problems and how to correct those problems
- Be precise and ensure that repairs are done exactly right
- Inspect all documents to ensure that repairs and preventative maintenance was performed correctly
- Ensure that all inspections, sen,’ices and repairs are completed and documented properly
- Must be able to work on all aspects (except instruments) of the airplane i.e. electrical systems, engine, landing gear, brakes and pumps, other intemal and external parts
- Working knowledge of working on different types of aircraft such as helicopters, jets and propeller-driven airplanes
- Must know and follow all regulations set by the FAA
- Ensure that proper tools and supplies are used to repair and/or perform maintenance
- Ability to solve mechanical problems quickly and have the physical ability to move about when working on airplanes.
- Knowledge of computers and electronics
- Aptitude to work with complex equipment and understanding technology is necessary
- Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others using written or oral communication.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Enthusiasm- Ability to maintain high energy level in every contact.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Friendly – Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace
- Motivation-Ability to be a self-starter with the ability to work unsupervised in or out of the office.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety. Tactful – Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.