A&P Mechanics II
A&P Mechanics IISTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring A&P Mechanics in Jacksonville, Florida.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs skilled work to identify, remove, and install aircraft engines and components and to perform servicing of engines and aircraft accessories
- Rigs and adjusts aircraft secondary systems
- Identifies, removes, and installs inspection access panels
- Performs work actions in the jacking and leveling of aircraft
- Re-positions or moves aircraft by towing
- Performs aircraft lubrication
- Removes and replaces filters, and performs leak checks
- Performs repairs on noted discrepancies, and effectively researches manufacturer’s manuals for appropriate repair procedures prior to performing repairs
- Using basic hand tools or basic equipment provided, performs skilled manual and technical work as instructed
- Services and repairs aircraft and engines to ensure airworthiness according to customer specifications and FAA standards
- Reads maintenance manuals to identify and locate aircraft components on the aircraft, and accurately implements instructions of maintenance manuals
- Identifies the structural composition of aircraft (i.e., aluminum or composite) prior to performing any work on the structure
- Reads and complies with instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work
- Lifts and carries hand tools, parts, and work materials; ascends and descends ladders and platforms; and frequently works in a variety of positions such as stooping, kneeling or squatting
- Provides instructions and training regarding aircraft work and company procedures and safety standards to personnel assigned to him/her as apprentices, if any
- Prepares and maintains simple records such as work order documentation, logs, and time and material records, as instructed
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum three (3) years relevant experience providing knowledge of aircraft-related work techniques, terminology, parts, etc.
- All candidates should have experience in large commercial transport airplanes (such as B737, B757, B767, MD80, MD90)
- Willingness to work overtime
- Current A&P License in good standing is preferred
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.