A&P MechanicsSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring A&P Mechanics in Kinston, North Carolina.
The aircraft maintenance mechanic must accurately repair and perform scheduled maintenance on all airplanes, as well as perform inspections as required by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Performs regular maintenance on aircraft.
- Professionally trains and leads other employees in proper work techniques.
- Project Management; Accurately estimates work time and materials for scheduled jobs.
- Fully analyzes all required blueprints, drawings, work orders and sketches to troubleshoot, repair and install desired product or part.
- Detects errors and corrects through proper departmental channels.
- Ensures proper working condition of mechanical systems before flight.
- Develops and maintains records of maintenance, repairs, inspections, and any reports related to parts or services.
- Inspects and examines engines, wings, propellers, tails, and other parts to identify cracks, corrosion, or other defects.
- Inspects hoses and lubricates joints; replaces any that show signs of needing repair.
- Consults maintenance manuals and specifications to identify correct operations and specifications for replacements or repairs.
- Installs new parts to replace or repair defective or recalled parts or to enhance the performance of the aircraft; performs these tasks efficiently and to specifications.
- Repairs sheet metal as needed.
- Ensures proper function of engines and operating systems via a variety of tests and tools.
- Identifies and resolves mechanical problems based on visual inspections or reports from pilot or crew.
- Collaborates, as needed, with airframe and power plant (A&P) mechanics or other appropriate personnel to repair engines and non-instrumental parts.
- This position requires up to 5 percent travel. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of aircraft parts, systems, and mechanics.
- Thorough understanding of tools and testing methods used to ensure proper functioning of an aircraft and its parts, systems, and mechanics.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and adhere to manual instructions to resolve complex mechanical issues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software used to complete and maintain records.
- Detail-oriented with mechanical inclination. Superior and careful workmanship.
- Leadership and team oriented.
- Ability to perform consistently under stressful conditions.
- Ability to perform basic inspections and repairs.
- Ability to learn new skills and methods of repairs.
- Sufficient oral and verbal communication skills, as needed, to discuss equipment malfunctions and complete reports.
- Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States, must provide two forms of Federal Identification. Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A&P mechanic certification by the FAA required (Airframe only with timeline for obtaining Powerplant certification).
- Minimum three years transport-category jet aircraft-related experience or have demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform all job tasks. Extensive knowledge of all aircraft mechanical systems functions and interactions. Thorough working knowledge of all current FAA regulations, IPM and ATA codes
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.