STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring A&P Mechanics in Los Angeles, California.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Technicians working on aircraft, components or related parts of aircraft are responsible to perform work outlined on applicable work forms in accordance with airlines policies and procedures, manufacturer’s manuals and FAA requirements.
- Overhaul, maintenance and repair of air frame components, power plants, aircraft communication, navigation equipment and associated components in accordance with airline manuals, manufacturer’s manuals, bulletins and orders.
- Ensure that the appropriate tag is attached to all parts removed from an aircraft in accordance with airlines policy.
- The Technician, in performing his or her duties is required to be constantly alert for defective, worn or failed parts as well as safe working conditions.
- Proper execution of an Airworthiness Release.
- Responsible to sign for accomplishment of work on applicable work forms and records.
- A Technician, when qualified, may be required to perform the duties of Inspector in accordance with the Inspector job classification as described in the manual.
- Responsible to keep the work area in a clean, safe and orderly manner.
- Will be assigned to such housekeeping duties as policing his or her work and/or repair area as well as maintenance of company property.
- Process all necessary paperwork as mandated by regulation. Other duties as assigned.
- Combination of Education and Experience will be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986.
- Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
- 3+ years of line maintenance experience on Boeing 757 or A320 aircraft FAM Course on 757 or A320 is highly preferred.
- Valid A&P License.
- Must be able to work any shift and schedule.
- Effective Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and Outlook email.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, climb, and use hands and fingers to operate various tools (i.e. drills, ladders, welding, chemicals, etc.).
- May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 300 lbs.
- May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24 hour situation.
- Regular attendance is a requirement of the role.
- Exposure to extreme noise (i.e. airport with planes, vehicles, and other machinery), temperature, wind, and light fluctuations.
- Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- Ability to wear personal protective gear.
- Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.