Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring A&P Mechanics in Meridian, Mississippi to service, clean, inspect and perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on C-26 aircraft.
- Maintenance/repair/modification to airframe, avionics, engines, ISR equipment, sub-systems, and related support equipment.
- Works independently or in coordination with other A&P Mechanics and technical representatives to trouble shoot, diagnose and solve unusual and complex maintenance problems.
- Ability to apply logic and good judgment, understand technical order diagrams and procedures, use test equipment for analysis of airframe, engine, flight control, pneudraulic, fuel, electrical/electronic systems, problems.
- Reports to the Site Lead/Director of Maintenance.
- Service and repair ISR/Avionics systems and aircraft to ensure serviceability.
- Repair, replace, and rebuild aircraft structures, landing gear, power plants, propellers, fuel systems (including tanks and fuel control systems), and functional components using hand tools, meters, test equipment, power tools, rivet gun, and drills.
- Inspect and repair power plants (engines) malfunctions, including cracked components, oil leaks, etc.
- Diagnose malfunctions, isolate causes and correct discrepancies.
- Test engine operation, using testing equipment to locate source of malfunction.
- Replace and repair damaged components, use hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
- Remove engine and major components from aircraft, using hoist or other lifting devices.
- Disassemble and inspect parts for wear, warping, or other defects.
- Repair and replace defective engine components and reassembles and install engine on aircraft.
- Adjust, repair, or replace instruments, avionics and navigations, ISR, flight control, electrical/electronic, fuel/oil systems and aircraft accessories.
- Perform aircraft and vehicle services, including engine wash/cleaning, parts lubrication, and maintenance checks.
- May service engines and airframe components at flight line operations making repairs, short of overhaul, required to ensure aircraft safe operating condition.
- May be required to repair/modify engines, structural components, precision repair, functional spare parts, and assemblies.
- Recommend revisions to maintenance procedures to improve efficiency and ensure quality workmanship.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested by the Site Lead, Director of Maintenance, or Program Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Seven (7) years actual and recent aircraft, vehicle or missile, or related weapon system experience desired
- Three (3) years verifiable Avionics Training or experience for ISR.
- Must possess and maintain a valid drivers license and be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle.
- Candidates must have an Active Secret Security Clearance (or ability to obtain) and be certified by the FAA with a current Airframe and Power plant Mechanic (A&P).
- Work is performed in a flight line and shop environment that is moderately lighted, heated and ventilated, is exposed to disagreeable fumes and to cuts and bruises from using tools in close placed and hazards of moving vehicles such as forklifts and sweepers in shop area.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. Frequently lifts items weighing 15-50 pounds and occasionally in excess of 75 pounds.
- The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat, and vibration. The employee is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, or unsafe conditions, questioning nonstandard operations or environmental factors that may involve unmitigated hazards, and providing feedback to supervisors and managers on all safety issues.
- Persons selected for this position must be able to obtain a secret security clearance and available to deploy with the aircraft with minimum notice.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.