A&P MechanicsSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring A&P Mechanics in Oscoda, Michigan.
Hiring Note: All authorized workers are encourage to apply, and STS Technical Services will also consider applicants who may require visa sponsorship.
Job Duties & Requirements:
- A&P’s to perform hangar maintenance on mostly Boeing Commercial Aircraft. Kalitta’s own fleet consists of 747s, 767s and 777s.
- An A&P mechanic inspects, services and repairs airplanes to ensure they’re operating correctly and safely.
- A mechanic is responsible for ensuring that airplanes get regular maintenance and that any problems are fixed correctly.
- Mechanics may work on different parts of an aircraft, such as the engine, landing gear, brakes and pumps.
- A mechanic may work with special instruments designed specifically for aircraft maintenance.
- The job may also involve standing on ladders and working at various heights.
- The job duties of an A&P mechanic vary from preventive maintenance to repairs.
- A mechanic makes routine inspections, documents inspections and repairs, performs scheduled maintenance and runs tests after making repairs or performing maintenance.
- Job duties may vary based on which part of the plane is being worked on.
- A mechanic working on the exterior of a plane may be fixing a broken wing, repairing paint or securing a door so it seals properly.
- A mechanic working on the engine may be changing the oil, replacing belts or repairing a broken part.
- An A&P mechanic must know and follow all regulations set by the FAA.
- FAA regulations govern the maintenance schedules, inspections and repairs made to airplanes.
- The FAA conducts regular checks on equipment and ensures regulations are being met.
- You must be flexible about potential work schedule, and the shifts and schedule you are assigned to work
- You must be able to clear a criminal background check.
- You must have a full set of applicable hand tools to perform the duties associated with your position.
- Excellent pay and the opportunity to grow your skillset while working with one of the top aircraft maintenance providers in the United States.
- Learn directly from a seasoned Aircraft Engineer.
- Relocation assistance is provided.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.