A&P MechanicsSTS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring A&P Mechanics in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
We are looking for highly motivated Aircraft Maintenance Professionals to help us grow our client’s line maintenance station in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The A&P Mechanic will support the daily needs of the maintenance operations for our client’s customers and ensure an outstanding experience by providing top-level service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- This position reports directly to the Line Maintenance Station Manager and Station Leads. Candidate will work in close partnership with the field airlines, flight crew and other Aircraft Maintenance Controllers.
- The candidate will ensure aircraft are maintained to airworthiness standards prescribed by applicable regulations, airworthiness directives, company policies and best practices.
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot, adjust and repair different transport category aircraft airframes and engines using hand tools and test equipment.
- Maintain the highest level of quality and integrity.
- Adjust, repair or replace defective components based on analysis of test results while following maintenance manuals, schematics, handbooks and other technical documentation.
- Use precision instruments and equipment to measure parts for wear and repair or replace as required.
- Other duties as may be deemed necessary.
- Able to work outdoors and in inclement weather as required.
- Work will be performed on various Commercial and Large Regional aircraft
- Must hold a current and valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant certifications (A&P) with no history of infractions.
- 2 years previous maintenance experience on Commercial and Large Regional aircraft is required.
- Own set of standard line maintenance tools (calibrated & specialty tooling will be provided).
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude while being able to perform your job with minimal supervision.
- With or without accommodations, employees must be able to work standing, climb ladders and stairs and must be able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be able to pass background check as well as drug & alcohol test. In addition, he / she must be able to obtain customs & border patrol clearance.
- Must have basic-to-mid-level computer & organizational skills.
- Experience working under a FAA approved Part 145 repair station or Part 135 experience is highly desired.
- Inspection Authorization (IA) license is a plus.
- Must be able to read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing, or replacing, malfunctioning and/or damaged components.
- Ability to work with little supervision while being able to trouble shoot and repair systems on aircraft airframes and engine(s). This includes electrical, mechanical and hydraulic.
- Versatility and flexibility will be important as the schedule could include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Superior customer focus, communication skills, and work ethic with a commitment to excellence.
- Currently hiring to fill MULTIPLE positions
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.