STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is actively seeking qualified candidates for an Assembler position in Dallas, Texas.
Position Title: Manufacturing Specialist I- Assembly
Location: Dallas TX 75243 (Richardson Area)
Duration of contract: Long Term
Shift: AM (6:30am to 6:30pm) or PM (6:30pm to 6:30am)
Shift will include some weekend days
PM hours will have a shift differential
Train will be during the day shift for a couple of weeks
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Be able to work in a C100K clean room environment.
- Performs advanced-level assembly functions, which may include: prep, mechanical , harness, cable, printed circuit board sub-assemblies, spray application, and inspection, typically working from models and/or drawings, within Production
- May perform soldering and installation of components to contract specifications, using a wide range of tools and equipment
- Interprets blueprints, Process Flow Instructions and other written or verbal instructions
- Responsible and accountable for producing quality work to prescribed standards, with a focus on continuous improvement to meet customer commitments on schedule, within budget and to
- SPC standard practices
- Must be trained across all assembly stages, work w/Engineering to build 1st articles by interpreting print/specification with no process provided and the ability to interpret/assemble all units in dept
- If required, perform all aspects of inspection: in-process, final and source; allocate partial points – 3 points in-process – 3 points final – 4 points source
- Responsible and accountable for producing quality work to prescribed standards, with a focus on continuous improvement to meet customer commitments on schedule and within budget
- Works under minimal supervision on duties and tasks that are frequently non-routine, adapting procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet special needs
- Able to effectively communicate with other functional departments, such as Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, and Sales departments
- Resolves most questions and problems, referring only the most complex issues to higher levels
- Must maintain a safe work environment by adhering to all safety procedures including those which govern the handling of materials, chemicals, tools, and equipment (WHMIS).
- Proper use of required PPE.
- May periodically assist in orienting and training lower level employees.
- May participate in LEAN Event
Qualifications You’ll Need:
- Education:High School diploma or GED with 2+ years of experience in specialty area e.g. welding, tool making, etc. (or equivalent education/ experience in the field or in a related area).
Skills We’d Love For You To Have:
- Solder certified
- Electrical-mechanical assembly experience preferred
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.