AssemblersSTS Technincal Services
DRS Naval Power Systems
STS Technical Services is hiring Assemblers in High Ridge, Missouri.
Join our team in High Ridge, MO as an Assembler! We are looking for candidates with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn. Mechanical and/or electrical aptitude is ideal, as the role involves the assembly of power distribution and conditioning equipment. This hands-on and high-tech position is open to individuals without prior experience as comprehensive training will be provided.
What to Expect as an Assembler:
- Flexibility to alternate between jobs based on workload
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Responsible for achieving allocated times for tasks with good quality
- Read and interpret blueprints and wiring diagrams
- Work in a low-volume, high-mix manufacturing environment with build-to-print projects
What You Will Do:
- Perform assembly and/or wiring of electrical cabinets, including building production sub-assemblies, using detailed work instructions and standard and specialized hand tools
- Read, understand, and work to product documentation (blueprints, detailed drawings, procedures, etc.)
- Generate detailed assembly records documenting actions taken
- Interface with quality representatives, manufacturing engineers, and/or customer representatives to ensure the highest possible quality on manufactured products within the allotted time
- Assemble, wire, and/or case pre-production products with guidance and oversight
- Visually inspect work previously performed by others and perform necessary changes, modifications, and/or repairs as directed
- Maintain good housekeeping and a safe work environment
- Access and use electronic data mechanisms such as digital paper and electronic mail
- Train and/or assist other employees as required
- Perform other duties and assist in projects as directed by supervision
Education & Experience Requirements:
- 2-3 years of comparable experience strongly preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Ability to read and interpret assembly drawings and wiring diagrams and use them as an assembly guide; demonstrated 10th-grade reading and math ability
- Ability to work independently and contribute as a team member
- Basic knowledge and ability to use hand tools
- Able to follow written and oral instructions
- U.S. Citizenship required
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.