Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Automation Engineers in Whitehall, Michigan.
Howmet Aerospace, is a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems and titanium structural parts necessary for mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications, as well as forged wheels for commercial transportation. Howmet Aerospace is transforming the next phase of more fuel-efficient, quieter aerospace engines and sustainable ground transportation.
This Automation Engineer position will be located in our Plant 10, Whitehall Casting Operation. This position is instrumental in identifying new manufacturing technology and sustaining current technology in use at the operation. The Automation Engineer is responsible for automating manual processes, working with operators, vendors, and design teams. This position will follow through the build phase and implementation of equipment into production and establishing PM’s to support. This position will also be responsible for redesign/replacement of failing robotic components to increase OEE
- Programming, troubleshooting, and developing preventative maintenance programs.
- Interact with and provide guidance for maintenance personnel to repair equipment.
- Responsible for Software Control on all robot programming.
- New equipment proposals, design, RFQ’s, training and documentation.
- Conduct general robot safety training.
- Machine repair parts for robot cells, modifcations, and tooling purchases.
- Coordinate robot training thru Motoman and ABB for all technicians at Plant 4 that interact with robots.
- Coordinate all Motoman service visits, repairs, and robot arm rebuilds.
- Develop technician troubleshoot guides.
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 3+ years experience working with controls/programming robotics.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the Internal Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status.
- Experience with Motoman robotics or other programming of robots
- Experience working in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Experience in 6 axis articulating arm robotics.
- Proven proficienty at robot programming, I/O management, and troubleshooting robotic systems logic.
- Experience trouble-shooting mechanical systems including pneumatics, tooling issues, measurement feedback systems, and basic design robustness.
- Programming in Industrial ladder logic.
- Experience working with Wonderware HMI software.
- Experience using industrial controllers
- Basic understanding of capabilities for controls and servo systems.
- Demonstrated methodical aptitude for troubleshooting equipment and related issues.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.