STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aviation Buyers in Goodyear, Arizona.
Performs purchasing and sourcing functions for maintenance and ground support equipment. Ensures timely and cost effective buys in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration regulations. Manages purchase order database and tracks orders from input to receipt. Is the point of contact resolving any order conflicts. Provides training to employees on the use of Pentagon for purchasing.
- Performs purchasing duties for department as required
- Procures and researches materials and services necessary to support customers and client’s requirements, at optimum efficiency and pricing
- Promotes the most effective use of company funds in the acquisition of assigned items at the most favorable price consistent with quality, quantity, and specification requirements
- Analyzes and evaluates quotes
- Ensures approval limits are managed based on Customer Contracts and Internal spend limits
- Select vendors, sources material, negotiate prices, terms, and method of shipment from approved vendors list
- Researches price catalogs, illustrated parts catalog and manuals
- Manages tracking and reporting of purchase orders
- Performs follow-up actions and briefs management on status daily
- Works with Quality Inspectors to resolve quantity and traceability issues
- Process Materials on Requisition (MOR) on a daily basis from receipt in department through input of purchase orders
- Identifies and corrects computer procedures as required
- Performs back-up expeditor duties as required
- Executes other work as directed by Materials Manager
- Reconciles accounting and receiving discrepancies
- Provides training on proper procedures/duties of the Purchasing Department
- Expedite parts when required and handle any rejections by coordinating return shipments and obtaining return material authorizations (RMA#’s) when required
- Assist in pricing for Accounting and Job costing/Billing Departments, to include purchases made when prices or terms do not agree with the purchase order
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment
- Maintains a good company image and vendor relations through professional business conduct
- Associates of Arts degree or two years equivalent procurement experience
- Requires two years of purchasing experience in repair station or airline environment
- Should possess the ability to negotiate terms, establish accounts and determine methods of shipment
- Ability to network effectively and maintain good working relationship with all departments and employees
- Proficient with current software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Typing speed of at least 35 WPM is required
- Must have good organizational skills, be able to prioritize work, accurately perform duties with constant activity in area, and pay close attention to detail
- Must be self-starter requiring a minimum of supervision and perform with a degree of accuracy in the execution of job assignments
- Must be able to work under pressure, relate to others and maintain flexibility with schedules of the department
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to lift fifty (25) pounds
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, twist, kneel, crouch and stand for prolonged periods of time, as well as walk extended distances
- Must be able to climb stairs, ladders and/service stands
- Must have normal corrected hearing and vision
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and ability to drive company vehicles
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.