Aviation Maintenance Inspectors
Aviation Maintenance InspectorsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aviation Maintenance Inspectors in Sun Valley, California.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Applies Lean Process principles in the continuous improvement process, maintains surveillance over receiving functions,.
- Assembly and Test functions in order to ensure product conformance to applicable specifications.
- Performs receiving and final inspection of components, piece parts and materials from outside sources, secures the necessary documentation for traceability, and issues non-conformity reports and requests for corrective actions.
- Interfaces with source inspectors and customers during audits and visits.
- An Aviation Maintenance Inspector may be assigned to one or more departments depending upon the company needs at the time.
- Perform inspection of components and assemblies; verify that all necessary documentation accompanies the work package and is properly filed.
- Confirm adherence to assembly and test procedures.
- Apply established overhaul standards and practices.
- Provide technical assistance to all departments.
- Contribute to cost reduction efforts.
- Actively participate to improve quality and efficiency.
- Assist in the training and development of other personnel.
- Inspect planning per customer OEM and contractual requirements.
- Maintain inspection records and material traceability documentation.
- Initiate rework orders and corrective action requests.
- Recommend process improvements and methods of cost savings.
- Support the analysis of warranty and field returns.
- Provide technical assistance to other inspection and manufacturing personnel.
- Interface with source inspectors and auditors.
- Provide assistance for source evaluation and product acceptance.
- Occasionally perform audits and surveys to assure in-house as well as supplier conformance.
- Coordinate the various jobs that are required for building.
- Track parts for smooth coordination between departments in relation to relevant jobs, resolving any complications or problems, if they arise.
- Ensure high availability of piece parts at built date.
- Coordinate between the Purchasing and Shipping/Receiving department.
- Continuous efforts to improve the marshalling area.
- Assist in determination of root causes for defects, and in formulation of corrective actions to prevent defect recurrence.
- Understanding of customer specifications, drawing, inspection instructions and checklists.
- Be able to identify structural flaws, internal defects.
- Uses various measuring devices. 20. Solid understanding of blueprints.
- Uses predetermined methods, operations, setups prescribed to perform inspection.
- Inspect visually in-process and completed products.
- Good understanding of diagrams, dial indicators, preset micrometers, scales and fixtures.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Responsibility to work with LEAN Manufacturing principles.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A&P License preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 1 year of landing gear & MRO experience.
- Specific AC experience not required, however they will be working on Boeing, Airbus and Regional AC, so that experience is preferred.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.