Aviation Tax Specialists
Aviation Tax SpecialistsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aviation Tax Specialists in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Coordinates the preparation of corporate federal, state and local income/franchise tax returns by examining accounts and calculating taxes owed according to applicable rates, laws and regulations in accordance with required deadlines. Prepare sales and use tax returns, Canadian transactional tax returns, as well as any transactional returns that maybe needed. Prepare the tax provision calculations and coordinate with the tax advisors on all consulting projects. Do research on various topics and advise on possible solution and determine if there is a need to engage an outside consultant.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares tax accruals, the tax provision and supporting documentation.
- Specialize in various aspects of tax accounting such as laws applying to a particular sector or industry.
- Independently researches and analyzes tax issues related to US group entities and business operations.
- Ensures all expenditures are accurately recorded in accordance with applicable tax laws and regulations.
- Leads a variety of assignments, clarifying objectives for subordinates and determining the principles and techniques to be employed.
- Provides financial accounting staff with technical tax advice and assistance in tax matters as necessary.
- Prepares reports and studies for management attention as requested.
- Corresponds and negotiates with governmental revenue agencies in coordination with senior management.
- Supervises the timely provision of tax information requested by management.
- Ensures a broad knowledge of the ever-changing tax regulations, providing advice to the organization.
- Attends internal management meeting on a regular basis.
- Audits financial records to determine tax liability.
- Prepares claims for tax refunds. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual commerce reports.
- Prepares routine and special tax reports as needed.
- Reconciles tax general ledger accounts to work papers and supporting documentation.
- Requests and/or prepares various on-demand or month-end reports and spreadsheets to utilize for reconciliation and control of system-entered data.
- Responds to requests from auditors by providing required documents and schedules.
- Prepares backup information including explanation and analysis of transactions and balances.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Accounting, Tax or related field.
- Master of Science in tax or an equivalent education specializing in tax.
- Generally 5-10+ years of experience in various aspects of tax accounting, corporate income taxes and sales tax.
- Experience with Corptax and SAP a plus.
- Coordinates and leads tax consultants.
- Assists team members in performing data analysis and reconciliations.
- Assists his/her manager in administrative duties (employee’s evaluation, vacation’s schedule, and action program development and compliance).
- Offers guidance and support to his/her team related to their duties.
- Offers on-the-job training to his/her team.
- Interpret and comprehend tax procedures, regulations and forms.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Power Point).
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.