Aviation Technical Representatives
Aviation Technical RepresentativesSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aviation Technical Representatives in Carlsbad, California.
Our client is in the business of connecting the world. As a global broadband services and technology company, our client connects international communities to the internet by offering residential internet service; enabling passengers and operations crews to stream high bandwidth media, applications and content when traveling globally on commercial, business or government aircraft and maritime vessels. We deliver and protect information when and where it is needed most with our trusted communications ground systems, infrastructure and services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The primary function of the Technical Representative is to support our client’s customers at SFO while performing maintenance, repair, troubleshooting and return to service of the Broadband System onboard customer aircraft.
- The Technical Representative will assure that all work performed is accomplished in accordance with all company and airline manuals.
- The skill and knowledge level for this position must be commercial aircraft systems, specifically electrical and avionics equipment troubleshooting and testing.
- Expect to work on assignments that are complex in nature and require considerable judgment, initiative and technical/specialized knowledge to resolve problems and/or develop recommended solutions.
- The Technical Representative interfaces and works collectively with the clients airline partners to ensure good
communication and closure of day-to-day maintenance concerns.
- The presentation of information will be frequent and must be delivered professionally.
- Work collectively with Maintenance Control Center (MCC) and Planning.
- Ensure that all the required maintenance and preventative maintenance is being performed in accordance with all company, airline and FAA regulations.
- Assist in diagnostic checks on system installed onboard customer aircraft..
- Provide training of the system to maintenance vendors and airline personnel.
- Ensure all tooling and equipment required to maintain the system is available and up to date.
- Assist Line Maintenance Manager in the development of improved maintenance and preventative maintenance of the system.
- Mentors others to ensure they achieve a thorough working knowledge of systems.
- Provide feedback to vendors and airline partners regarding systems and provide solutions needed for areas for Continuous Improvement.
- May on occasion be sent on field maintenance calls
- Strong customer service experience assisting customers with the planning and executing of maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs.
- Experience with documenting maintenance work with an emphasis on accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present complex technical material to a variety of audiences.
- Experience with creating strong relationships and collaborating with internal and external
- Strong track record of meeting deadlines and exceeding customer expectations.
- Fluent in English
- FAA A&P certification for aircraft maintenance
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- This is an FAA safety sensitive position. Participation in our Drug-Alcohol program is required.
- Associate’s degree in related discipline preferred
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.