Aviation Technical Writers
Aviation Technical WritersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Aviation Technical Writers in Chicago, Illinois.
Writes aviation maintenance task cards used to accomplish scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and repair of our aircraft. Manages and reviews the writing of job cards to support the needs of the Technical Operations organization. Develops and maintains timelines for job card creation and revision. Takes the initiative to solve problems, while maintaining compliance, and uses sound judgement of resources to accomplish tasks. Acts as an interface point between Aircraft Maintenance, Maintenance Programs and Engineering and facilitates effective communication to manage workload in accordance with business requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Writes and edits job cards for the aircraft scheduled maintenance program
- Communicates with subject matter experts within Technical Operations to produce workable and concise job cards
- Coordinates implementation of job card changes from aircraft maintenance manuals, parts catalogs and wiring diagrams
- Develops and maintains working relationships with Maintenance Programs, Maintenance Planning, Engineering and Quality Assurance to produce workable and compliant job cards
- Effectively communicates assignment progress to Engineering, Maintenance Programs and other applicable work groups
- Provides on-site job card support to maintenance facilities
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Technical Degree or equivalent commercial or military aviation work experience
- Ability to interpret engineering documents including maintenance manuals, wiring and schematic diagrams
- Proven success record of working several projects simultaneously under tight schedules and ability to meet short and long term deadlines
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Technical Writing, Aviation Management or Communications
- A&P License
- Knowledge of SGML or XML authoring and delivery
- Knowledge Work Card Builder or Flatirons applications
- Previous airline or military technical writing experience
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.