Avionics Crew Chief
Avionics Crew ChiefSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring an Avionics Crew Chief in Houston, Texas.
Build an Aviation Career You’re Proud Of
Our client uses their ingenuity and expertise to find solutions for the simple to the most complex challenges in Aviation. Together, they get the job done and done well.
What’s it like working for our client?
Collaboration, teamwork, and having each other’s backs are the norm. Their growth in this expanding industry means getting career stability and opportunities to grow. With great resources, an inclusive atmosphere, and a culture based on shared values, they’ll support you in building a solid career with a team you can count on.
What you’ll do:
Supervises a crew of leads and technicians in the performance of avionics and electrical systems maintenance and installation of complex avionics and electrical systems. Ensures that technicians are held accountable for the quality of the maintenance work that they perform. Appraises, recommends salary and other status changes, rewards, recognizes, and disciplines members of the crew.
This Position Requires the Ability To:
- Use deductive reasoning in technical issues
- Coordinate multiple activities to accomplish the required maintenance by the promised delivery date
- Assists lead technicians with assignment of work to crewmembers based upon scheduled out dates and the technical expertise of the various employees. Provides technical guidance and troubleshooting assistance to technicians on aircraft maintenance and/or install configurations, as well as service bulletins, directives, and?enhancements. Must?be up-to-date on scope of required maintenance and?coordinates efforts to ensure a timely turnaround.?
- With the Department Manager, pre-plans work scopes on aircraft including engineering coordination, deploying manpower, pre-ordering parts, and customer debriefing.
- Coordinates with other departments in scheduling arrivals/departures, job flow, and communicating with the customer or CPM on the status of work.
- Monitors hours charged to a job to assure that costs are controlled and schedule dates are met. Reviews employee time cards on a daily basis to verify accuracy of time charged to work orders.
- Performs final “walk around” to ensure aircraft cleanliness and readiness for departure. Reviews workbook for sign offs and parts issues prior to presenting to the inspection department.
- Ensures that crewmembers are well trained on assigned aircraft and that they are scheduled for periodic?technical training in-house or at designated off-site locations. Works cooperatively with other Crew Chiefs or shops to ensure cross training on other aircraft and/or systems.
- Coordinates with other departments as needed to ensure that customers have a positive experience at the facility.
- Actively works to simplify for efficiency, ease of work performance, quality, and turnaround time. Ensures that safe work practices are employed consistently on each aircraft job or throughout the shop.
- Supports and adheres to safety, environmental, and general housekeeping policies. Is proactive in the area of safety; promotes safe work habits to the crew, monitors the work environment for safety hazards and takes steps to address/remove hazards.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, professionalism, and a positive customer service attitude without compromising quality.?
- Performs other duties as required by the department.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- 7-10 years’ experience as an Avionics Technician in corporate aviation.
- 2-4 years’ experience in Avionics Modifications in corporate aviation.
- Prior supervisory experience?and demonstrated leadership skills that promote teamwork and collaboration.
- Must have demonstrated exemplary technical ability in specialty area.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical avionics problems.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate multiple activities to achieve quality maintenance within established time frame.
- Ability to lift up to 50?pounds, walk, bend,?stretch, and climb ladders.
- Ability to stand for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Ability to work outside of designated work hours, as well as weekends/overtime.
- Excellent hand-to-eye coordination.
- Ability to think clearly, speak intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
- Ability to manipulate equipment of all sizes, tools, computer keyboards, and telephones.
- Possess good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees.
Preferred Characteristics & Knowledge:
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds, walk, bend, stretch, and climb ladders.
- Must have the ability to think clearly, speak intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
- Must have the ability to manipulate equipment of all sizes, tools, computer keyboards, and telephones.
- Must be able to see to disassemble and visually inspect.
- Must be able to hear to detect the sources of problems.
- Must have excellent hand-to-eye coordination.
- Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.