Avionics & Electrical Designers
Avionics & Electrical DesignersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Avionics & Electrical Designers in Wichita, Kansas!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for integration of supplier avionics equipment into Cessna Citation aircraft
- Responsible for completing complex development, design, testing and certification assignments for new design or modifications
- Develops creative, scientific alternatives during course of job assignments to reach desired outcome
- Designs aircraft interface wiring, and prepares engineering drawings, reports and other documents
- Maintain a high degree of proficiency in computer applications to accomplish tasks
- Coordinates with direct and indirect customers and suppliers to determine system requirements
- Consults other engineering and manufacturing personnel to coordinate design and resolve technical issues
- Consults with supplier to discuss and remedy issues in a timely and efficient manner
- Provides guidance to lower grade engineers in the solution of complex design problems
- Reviews and evaluates supplier proposals for potential utilization on future models
- Performs above work utilizing frequent application of in-depth engineering principles
- Assures supervision awareness of program status, problems and successes
- Provides periodic design reviews and update presentations to management of engineering and other company organizations
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in…
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Other related field
- Experience with avionics and electrical system design to the requirements of CFR 14 Parts 23 & 25 desired
- Minimum 7 years of experience in General Aviation or Business Aircraft development programs
- Working knowledge of generic CAD wiring design tool processes. Experience in CATIA/CCD, Mentor Graphics, and/or IAI HarnesSys is preferred
- Ability to read and produce wiring drawings using standard industry practices
- Experience with electronic test equipment
- Design knowledge of electrical bonding criteria, thermal cooling requirements for electronic equipment, EMI shielding, and High Intensity Radiated Fields (HIRF)/Indirect Effects of Lightning (IEL) installation criteria preferred
- Skills in Microsoft Office suite software
- C/C++ and assembly programming experience preferred
- Visual Programming language preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.