Avionics & Electrical Designers
Avionics & Electrical DesignersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Avionics & Electrical Designers in Wichita, Kansas!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for completing complex development, design, testing and certification assignments for new design or modifications. Develops creative, scientific alternatives during course of job assignments to reach desired outcome.
- Conducts research, calculations, estimates and drafting of projects to conform with established specifications such as capacities, styling, performance and determine status of work in progress. Performs above work utilizing frequent application of in-depth engineering principles.
- Maintain a high degree of proficiency in computer applications to accomplish tasks.
- Consults and coordinates with other engineering and manufacturing personnel to coordinate design function and resolve technical problems. Consults with supplier to discuss and remedy issues in a timelier and efficient manner.
- Requests and coordinates work performed by Engineering support groups, Experimental, Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management for the project. Instructs suppliers as to materials, equipment and hardware for utilization on aircraft in accordance with approved specifications.
- Maintains contact with Product Support Engineering and production departments to resolve engineering problems impeding production and to assist in the incorporation of new design concepts and changes.
- Monitors and conducts analyses on first article fabrication and operation to assure adequacy of design.
- Reviews and evaluates supplier proposals for potential utilization on future models.
- Provides guidance to lower grade engineers and drafters in the solution of specific, complex design problems, which must be resolved during development and testing.
- Assures supervision awareness of program status, problems and successes. Provides periodic design reviews and update presentations to management of engineering and other company organizations
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in…
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Other related field
- Minimum of 10 years of engineering experience or relative aviation technical experience
- Professional and diplomatic demeanor
- Strong sense of accountability and integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills to support multiple concurrent projects
- Understanding of 2D & 3D design concepts
- Working knowledge of generic CAD design tool processes
- Ability to read and produce 2D drawings using standard industry practices
- Proficient in use of standard Microsoft Office programs
- Experience in CATIA V5 or V6 is preferred
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.