Avionics & Electrical Systems Engineers
Avionics & Electrical Systems EngineersSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Avionics & Electrical Systems Engineers in Wichita, Kansas.
The Avionics and Electrical Systems engineer is responsible for all of the avionics and electrical design aspects as well as all of the aircraft wiring interface for all of the aircraft systems. Their emphasis is on ensuring that the avionics and electrical systems on the aircraft provide the required and desired functions, meet the highest standard of safety, are designed and tested to fully meet the applicable regulatory certification requirements, and meet the customers reliability expectations.
- Experience with Garmin, Rockwell Collins, and/or Honeywell avionics systems is required.
- Experience designing, testing, troubleshooting, and certifying core avionics systems functions, e.g. EFIS (Electronic Flight Information System), Crew Alerting, TAWS, TCAS (including ADS-B out and in), AFCS, Radio Altimeter, AHRS, Air Data, FDR/CVR, Flight Management System, Datalink (including ACARS and CPDLC), etc. is required.
- Experience authoring certification documents including certification plans, development test plans and reports, certification test plans and reports, and compliance documents for aircraft avionics and/or electrical systems is required.
- Experience with avionics and electrical system design to the requirements of CFR 14 Part 23 and/or CFR 14 Part 25 is required.
- Experience with minimum performance standards and Advisory Circulars is desired.
- Experience with RTCA DO-160, DO-178, and DO-254 is desired.
- Strong computer, written and verbal communication skills is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are required, Visio, Teams, and SharePoint experience is desired.
- Minimum five (5) years of avionics and electrical wiring diagram design experience is required.
- Experience with Mentor Graphics/Capital Logic and HarnessXC, HarnesSys IAI, and/or CADAM CCD is desired. • Experience with EWIS 25.17xx design and certification requirements is desired.
- Authoring of aircraft and system-level requirements per the guidance of ARP4754A is desired. • Authoring of system safety documents such as System Functional Hazard Assessments and System Safety Assessments for aircraft avionics and/or electrical systems per the guidance for ARP4761 is desired.
- The ability to properly manage time to support multiple concurrent projects of various size and scope is desired..
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.