Avionics Systems Engineers
Avionics Systems EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Avionics Systems Engineers in Greensboro, North Carolina.
The Avionics Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and integration of the assigned avionic systems for the aircraft.
- Define, plan, and develop complex systems level requirements to support the avionic systems for the aircraft
- Perform systems level integration activities for aircraft avionic systems including: Control and Display Systems; Navigation Systems; Communication Systems; Surveillance Systems; and Cabin Management Systems
- Interface with suppliers to ensure technical requirements are met to support aircraft development need dates
- Provide technical assistance to production and customer service departments for support of system technical inquires and issue resolution
- Perform system evaluation and analysis to verify the system design compliance with functional requirements
- Coordinate with cross-functional team members to complete assignments/projects as defined and on schedule
- Develop targeted system level enhancements to address customer feedback and product improvement initiatives
- Conduct system lab testing and aircraft functional testing
- Prepare presentations on avionics system design/development status
- Support system analyses for avionic systems
- Minimum of 15 years aviation experience; 3+ years of experience working with integrated aircraft avionic/electrical systems in the areas of design engineering, system analysis, and system test
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering from a four year college or university; preferably in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Skills & Abilities:
- Familiarity of avionics/electrical design requirements of 14CFRPart 23
- Proficiency in writing technical documentation and reports involving test data and analysis
- Familiarity with avionics/electrical test laboratories and lab equipment
- Working knowledge of system qualification requirements including DO-160F/G for environmental, DO-178B for software, and DO-254 for complex electronic hardware
- Familiarity with SAE ARP 4754 and ARP4761 desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint is required
- Proficiency in requirements management tools such as DOORS, PLM tools such as TeamCenter and SAP is preferred
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.