STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Avionics Technician in Atlanta, Georgia.
Avionics Shop performs maintenance including but not limited to inspection, test, and repair of aircraft avionic/electronic components in an avionics bench repair environment in accordance with approved manuals and methods. This position also performs repairs to the component level e.g. transistor, resistor, capacitor, etc. replacement. Additionally, this position performs appropriate computer functions and provides documentation to ensure that maintenance records, parts tracking and costs may be accurately recorded. Must adhere to all policies and standards. Ensures a safe, clean and compliant work environment is maintained. The successful candidate will be responsible for consistently practicing safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- The Aviation Maintenance Technician position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Candidate must have at least two years of bench avionics/electronics component repair experience or a minimum of 21 months of academic training specializing in avionics/electronics component repair.
- Candidate must pass Avionics Evaluation Test administered by Avionics management that measures the ability to read electronic schematics, identify electronic components, discuss electronic circuit operation and operate analog and digital meters.
- Additionally, candidate must also be able to obtain IPC-7711/7721 soldering certification through Module 5 within 12 months of assignment.
- Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) experience required.
- FCC license is required.
- Candidate must be able to read and write English and be able to comprehend and apply information contained in technical manuals.
- Must be willing to work rotating or fixed shifts.
- Candidate must achieve a satisfactory score on the mechanical aptitude test which is structured to determine the ability to perform essential job functions.
- Should be able to meet the physical requirements which qualify a person to perform essential job functions including the ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
- As required by the FAA for all persons in safety-sensitive positions, candidates selected for this position are required to pass an extensive background check, drug test, and hearing test.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.