STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Avionics Technicians in Jacksonville, Florida!
Installs, inspects, tests, adjusts, or repairs aircraft avionics equipment and systems. Performs operational tests and functional checks on aircraft avionics systems, and troubleshoots and corrects problems. Reads blueprints and schematics. Reads and complies with instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
Essential Duties & Functions:
- Installs, inspects, tests, adjusts, or repairs aircraft avionics equipment and systems
- Troubleshoots and corrects problems related to avionics systems through the use of wiring diagrams and maintenance manuals
- Reads blueprints and schematics
- Connects components to systems such as radio systems, radar, and navigation systems in aircraft
- Reads maintenance manuals to identify and locate aircraft components on the aircraft, and accurately implements instructions of maintenance manuals
- Performs repairs on noted discrepancies, and effectively researches manufacturer’s manuals for appropriate repair procedures prior to performing repairs
- Performs skilled manual and technical work using hand tools, soldering irons, circuit testers, oscilloscopes, voltmeters, ammeters, and ohmmeters
- Lifts and carries hand tools, parts, and work materials; ascends and descends ladders and platforms; and frequently works in a variety of positions such as stooping, kneeling or squatting
- Follows safety procedures and wears/uses appropriate safety equipment for the work being performed
- Reads instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work
- Communicates effectively in English regarding work activities, per FAA requirements
- Prepares and maintains simple records such as work order documentation, logs, and time and material records, as instructed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum three (5) years relevant experience providing knowledge of avionics-related work techniques, terminology, parts, systems, etc.
What We Offer:
STS Technical Services works with the largest names in the aviation industry, offering hundreds of career opportunities across the United States. With over two decades of experience, we soar in our commitment to excellence and professionalism. We proudly offer competitive rates, direct deposits, medical insurance, cash advances, and referral bonuses.
If you would like to speak with an Aviation Recruitment Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787. Our job placement services are always free, and we are open seven days a week. Reach out at any time! Thanks so much for your interest in working with STS Technical Services, and we look forward to speaking with you soon.