STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Avionics Technicians in Jacksonville, Florida!
Installs, inspects, tests, adjusts, or repairs aircraft avionics equipment and systems. Performs operational tests and functional checks on aircraft avionics systems, and troubleshoots and corrects problems. Reads blueprints and schematics. Reads and complies with instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
Essential Duties & Functions:
- Installs, inspects, tests, adjusts, or repairs aircraft avionics equipment and systems
- Troubleshoots and corrects problems related to avionics systems through the use of wiring diagrams and maintenance manuals
- Reads blueprints and schematics
- Connects components to systems such as radio systems, radar, and navigation systems in aircraft
- Reads maintenance manuals to identify and locate aircraft components on the aircraft, and accurately implements instructions of maintenance manuals
- Performs repairs on noted discrepancies, and effectively researches manufacturer’s manuals for appropriate repair procedures prior to performing repairs
- Performs skilled manual and technical work using hand tools, soldering irons, circuit testers, oscilloscopes, voltmeters, ammeters, and ohmmeters
- Lifts and carries hand tools, parts, and work materials; ascends and descends ladders and platforms; and frequently works in a variety of positions such as stooping, kneeling or squatting
- Follows safety procedures and wears/uses appropriate safety equipment for the work being performed
- Reads instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work
- Communicates effectively in English regarding work activities, per FAA requirements
- Prepares and maintains simple records such as work order documentation, logs, and time and material records, as instructed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum three (5) years relevant experience providing knowledge of avionics-related work techniques, terminology, parts, systems, etc.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.