Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Avionics Technicians in Atlanta, Georgia.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect, service, test, repair, remove and replace aircraft electrical instruments and electronic equipment, including: power system components, instrument systems, indicating and warning systems, aircraft automatic flight control systems, including auto-pilots, automatic flight stabilization, aircraft compasses and altitude reference systems, auxiliary power plants, airborne communication, navigation displays, etc.
- Read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Perform operational checks after maintenance is performed to ensure proper operation.
- Adjust, align, and calibrate aircraft systems, using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
- Test engine and system operations, using testing equipment.
- Perform maintenance IAW FAA approved technical data.
- Research FAA technical data to locate applicable data relevant to assigned tasks.
- 2 year’s experience troubleshooting electronics down to component level on circuit cards. (eg. Resisters, capacitors, diodes, transistors, IC Chips,)
- Working with electronic schematics.
- Various meters and back shop measuring devices.
- Power supplies
- Frequency generators and frequency counters
- Automated test equipment (ATE)
- Consumer electronics experience is valued. (TV’s, radios, and other circuit devices that contain electronic circuit cards)
- Testing with specialized equipment &High reliability solder under a microscope.
- Military Avionics Tech school (back Shop Emphasis)
- Electronic engineering technology
- Electronics troubleshooting
- FCC or other electronics focused licenses
- 2 year electronics degree
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.