Avionics Technicians (A&P Preferred)
Avionics Technicians (A&P Preferred)STS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Avionics Technicians in Augusta, Georgia.
- Installs and rewires complete electrical systems and components on a variety of turbine engine powered aircraft.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and overhauls aircraft electrical systems and/or components.
- Performs functional and operational “checkouts” of electrical instruments and flight systems upon aircraft arrival and prior to departure.
- Maintains battery shop equipment and ensures that aircraft batteries are properly charged in a timely manner.
- Maintains test cell electrical systems and makes repairs as needed (e.g. repair test harnesses, etc.)
- Updates technical manuals to include the latest wiring manual revisions.
- Assists in installing various avionics systems on corporate aircraft.
- Documents all work accomplished (sign-off) in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Troubleshoot engine and APU problems.
- Works overtime when necessary and travels to customer locations or other facilities as required.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
- Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies.
- May perform other duties as required by the department.
Relocation Provided: Yes
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three years’ experience as an Aircraft Electrician on corporate aircraft.
- Must read blueprints and wiring diagrams
- Must perform electrical wiring functions
- Must have worked with aircraft wiring systems
- A&P License preferred
- Walk long distances, bend, crawl, stretch, climb, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work in extreme temperature and inclement weather conditions
- Work for long periods in tight spaces (i.e. squatting under aircraft wing, in cockpits, tail cones, etc).
- See in order to read diagrams and wire aircraft
- Manipulate very small and very large tools. Significant coordination and dexterity is required???
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.