STS Technical Services
STS Aviation Services is hiring Avionics Technicians in Birmingham, United Kingdom.
Do you want to be part of a long-term, high-profile aircraft modification programme?
STS Aviation Services is a leading MRO provider. We have opportunities for experienced Avionics Technicians to join our high-profile bespoke aircraft modification programme, converting Boeing 737 NG aircraft into the E-7 Wedgetail. “The worlds most advanced, capable and reliable Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C0) platform”.
These positions are full time; initially for a 1 year fixed term contract and will be located at our hangar near to Birmingham Airport.
This is a challenging and rewarding role, working on a high profile programme carrying out the major structural disassembly, modification and rebuild of aircraft.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete removal and strip out of all avionics equipment
- Installation of complex wiring harnesses and modifications to existing wiring, within Avionic shelves and panels
- All aspects of electrical and avionics work
- Wiring terminations and testing
- Removal and installation of various shelves, panels and equipment
- Loom Manufacture and testing
- Systems testing
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- The ideal candidate will have as a minimum completed an engineering apprenticeship, ideally in Aeronautical engineering or have achieved the military equivalent
- You will be able to evidence and demonstrate in depth Avionics knowledge as well as experience of having worked on large aircraft modification projects within a Military or Civil Aviation environment
- Minimum of 8 years aircraft experience
- Excellent hand skills
- Able to demonstrate excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications
To be considered for this role you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
This role will require the successful candidate to support the business with their Military Programme. Therefore, you will be required to undertake security clearance checks and meet our qualifying criteria. This will be discussed with shortlisted candidates as part of the interview process.
The successful candidate will join a fast paced, innovative and dynamic business at an exciting time. You can expect a Competitive Salary, Company Pension Scheme, 4x Life Assurance, Free Parking, Subsidised Canteen and other exclusive employee benefits.
About STS Aviation Services:
STS Aviation Services operates three state-of-the-art aircraft hangars, two interior modification facilities and more than 40 line maintenance stations both stateside and aboard. These facilities, and the expert personnel that call each home, fuel the company’s drive to seamlessly blend a growing portfolio of MRO services to deliver all-encompassing aircraft maintenance, engineering and modification solutions to the global aviation industry.
To learn more about STS Aviation Services and what makes it the company with “Solutions to Keep You Flying,” please visit www.stsaviationgroup.com or call 1-800-800-2400.