STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Avionics Technicians in Centennial, Colorado.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Test avionics equipment under simulated or actual operating conditions to determine performance and airworthiness.
- Perform operational and functional checks on VHF/HF communication, VOR/ILS navigation, and pulse equipment including DME, Mode-S transponder and weather radar.
- Adjust, repair, or replace defective components based on analysis of test results, following schematics, component maintenance manuals, and other technical documents.
- Interrupt drawings, specifications and schematics of aircraft instrument/electronic components.
- Remove and install aircraft subsystem assemblies and components according to aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications.
- Use complex test equipment such as continuous wave and pulse generators, time domain reflectometers, frequency counters, multi-meters, deviation meters, and other specialized equipment to perform operational checks of avionics systems.
- Perform altimeter system and altitude reporting checks in compliance with FAR Part 91.411 and Part 91.413.
- Document maintenance and inspection results in accordance with Part 145 policy and procedures.
- Detailed knowledge of the operation of avionics systems including communication, navigation, auto-pilot, flight director and pulse equipment including DME, transponder and weather radar.
- Knowledge of applicable maintenance/technical manuals, publications, instructions, special tools and test equipment.
- Familiar with aircraft electrical wiring installation practices and able to read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Has in their possession tools meeting the minimum tool list
- Associates degree in Aviation Electronics, Aviation Maintenance, or similar subject, or 5-7 years of equivalent work experience is required.
- Airframe & Power plant License is preferred but not required
- Repairman Certificate is preferred
- Collins ProLine 4 and Proline 21 training preferred
- 5+ years experience working as an avionics technician required.
- Previous FAA Part 145 repair station experience required.
- Corridor MRO software experience preferred.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.