STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Avionics Technicians in Dallas, Texas.
Summary of Role:
- Avionics lead technician will be responsible for performing day to day duties involving Business Aircraft Avionics.
- Technician will be responsible for assisting in running day to day flow, troubleshooting, installation, and return to service.
- Garmin Avionics experience is preferred. Ideal candidate will have working knowledge of process improvement methodology and application.
- Avionics Technicians demonstrate leadership skills necessary to make decisions with sound judgment, train and mentor employees for improved performance, coordinate activities of multiple departments, and guide day-to-day operations successfully.
- Performs regular maintenance on corporate aircraft including cleaning, repairing, inspecting and maintaining the structural, mechanical, and electronic elements of the aircraft, replacing parts, measuring wear and assessing whether parts need repair or replacement.
- Ensures proper working condition of mechanical systems before flight.
- Develops and maintains records of maintenance, repairs, inspections, and any reports related to parts or services.
- Ensures all work is accomplished in accordance with companies RSQCM, manufacturer’s maintenance manuals, and FAA regulations.
- Consults maintenance manuals and specifications to identify correct operations and specifications for replacements or repairs.
- Installs new parts to replace or repair defective or recalled parts or to enhance the performance of the aircraft; performs these tasks efficiently and to specifications.
- Ensures proper function of aircraft operating systems via a variety of tests and tools.
- Identifies and resolves mechanical problems based on visual inspections or reports from pilot or crew.
- Collaborates, as needed, with airframe and powerplant (A&P) mechanics or other appropriate personnel to repair engines and non-instrumental parts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English.
- Thorough understanding of aircraft parts, systems, and mechanics.
- Thorough understanding of tools and testing methods used to ensure proper functioning of an aircraft and its parts, systems, and mechanics.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and adhere to manual instructions to resolve complex mechanical issues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software used to complete and maintain records.
- Detail-oriented with mechanical inclination.
- Superior and careful workmanship.
- Ability to perform basic inspections and repairs.
- Sufficient oral and verbal communication skills, as needed, to discuss equipment malfunctions and complete reports.
- Must own basic tools.
Education and Experience:
- A&P Certification Required
- Must have working knowledge of FAA Regulations.
- 3-5 Years of aviation experience required.
- Preferred 3 years Lead experience.
- Must have valid drivers license.
- Must pass security 10-year FBI background check and random drug and alcohol tests.
- Must be able to meet Airport Authority and Transportation Security Agency requirements (no felonies)
- Must be able to stand, lie, and kneel in awkward positions and spaces.
- Must be able to perform work on scaffolding or ladders.
- Must be able to lift and pull objects weighing up to 70 pounds at a time.
- Manual dexterity and physical strength necessary to operate tools or make adjustments and repairs.
- Must have visual acuity to inspect equipment and identify defects.
- Must be able to hear well enough to test sounds and identify functioning level of aircraft.
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.